Going to Rio?

Nah. They wouldn't take a repulsive tool like you anyway. Whew. Rio will be safe.

zekekelso...If you are going to slam dunk and set off a negative thread flow with that earlier comment, you deserve this reply...and remember B started this thread...

(and yes I'm on B's permanent ignore list as well but I see the irony here)

zekekelso...If you are going to slam dunk and set off a negative thread flow with that earlier comment, you deserve this reply...and remember B started this thread...

(and yes I'm on B's permanent ignore list as well but I see the irony here)

Which comment.... the one suggesting somebody ignore Barons' advice on how to buy tickets for sporting events? Personally, I felt Baron was giving bad advice. If somebody actually followed it, they could end up being very dissapointed. Considering that Baron has written a slick book on ceremonies and has lots of posts here, somebody might be temped to give him credibility on buying tickets to sporting events. I have no regrets pointing out what I did.

That was one tiny piece of a long post with what I believe to be at least somewhat useful advice. If Baron wants to throw a hissy fit, fine... as long as his hissy fit is about my saying he doesn't attend sporting events. He seems to have totally ignored the vast majority of my post and the comments on buying tickets.

Which comment.... the one suggesting somebody ignore Barons' advice on how to buy tickets for sporting events? Personally, I felt Baron was giving bad advice. If somebody actually followed it, they could end up being very dissapointed. Considering that Baron has written a slick book on ceremonies and has lots of posts here, somebody might be temped to give him credibility on buying tickets to sporting events. I have no regrets pointing out what I did.

That was one tiny piece of a long post with what I believe to be at least somewhat useful advice. If Baron wants to throw a hissy fit, fine... as long as his hissy fit is about my saying he doesn't attend sporting events. He seems to have totally ignored the vast majority of my post and the comments on buying tickets.

And what makes you think you are the SUPREME AUTHORITY on buying tickets? Just because you went to Sochi? Tell u what, Zeke -- been there, done that LONG BEFORE you did. And I bought and resold tix in Boxing, Basketball, gymnastics and Volleyball in Atlanta long before you were even a speck on this earth. U're not such the hot sh*t ya think u r.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Hmm.. For lodging, I'm guessing a good place to set-up shop would be a hotel near a transportation line.

I was originally planning to set-up in Barra and call it a week (before the RoadTrips.com deal fell thru) but if I want to see more of Rio, I might as well get close to where the bussing and transit is.

Let me know if I'm on/off track.

I will definitivelly be there in 2016 for the 16 days.

Can't wait to receive the Cosport tickets offer in few months.

Will try to get an agenda similar of the one I got for Beijing :

3 x swimming finals

4 x gymnastic finals

4 x athletics finals

2 x rowing finals (medals for Canada ?)

2 x canoe kayak finals (medals for Canada ?)

1 x boxing finals

1 x cycling track finals

1 x beach volleyball final

1 x tennis preliminaries

2 x basketball preliminaries

2 x volleyball preliminaries

2 x beach volleyball preliminaries

1 x badminton preliminaries

2 x diving preliminaries

Will try to see at least 65 finals so I will reach the 250 number.

I will definitivelly be there in 2016 for the 16 days.

Can't wait to receive the Cosport tickets offer in few months.

Will try to get an agenda similar of the one I got for Beijing :

3 x swimming finals

4 x gymnastic finals

4 x athletics finals

2 x rowing finals (medals for Canada ?)

2 x canoe kayak finals (medals for Canada ?)

1 x boxing finals

1 x cycling track finals

1 x beach volleyball final

1 x tennis preliminaries

2 x basketball preliminaries

2 x volleyball preliminaries

2 x beach volleyball preliminaries

1 x badminton preliminaries

2 x diving preliminaries

Will try to see at least 65 finals so I will reach the 250 number.

How much will that cost?

All that list for Beijing : less than 1000$US (with a mix of A and B category)

Same list for London : a little bit over 10000$US (that's the reason why I was there only for 6 days instead of 16)

Rio : have no idea since the prices are not release yet. I will be happy if it's around 3 or 4000$US

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How is this junk news piece remotely relevant?

Interesting that your link opens on point 19: "Many Brazilian Women Won't Tell You They Aren't Women"

Personal tipping point? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Funny, last week I ride taxis at least 10 times (I wasn't able to use my car) and got no kidnapping. Not to mention the new app for taxis are really great (I strong recommend Easy Taxi and 99 Taxis while in Brazil).

I won't lose my time talking about woman (never got a travestite instead of woman on my datings), never saw a single snake in my entire life and the list goes on...

Stupid list... Making Brazil looks like a hell is almost vintage here, Baron...

Funny, last week I ride taxis at least 10 times (I wasn't able to use my car) and got no kidnapping. Not to mention the new app for taxis are really great (I strong recommend Easy Taxi and 99 Taxis while in Brazil).

I won't lose my time talking about woman (never got a travestite instead of woman on my datings), never saw a single snake in my entire life and the list goes on...

Stupid list... Making Brazil looks like a hell is almost vintage here, Baron...

I didn't make it up, Danny. I just came across the list and posted it. Ignore it if you like. U don't have to read it. And others can ignore it as well.

I didn't make it up, Danny. I just came across the list and posted it. Ignore it if you like. U don't have to read it. And others can ignore it as well.

I can't understand why somebody lost his/her time doing a list with lies and blurred visions about a country. What this person will win with it?

And, about ignoring the article, the comments in the very page are enough to prove my point the list is ridiculous.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

"Giant snakes just can't wait to have you for supper"

I wish I could understand why English speakers are so fascinated by the virtual "problem" Brazil have with snakes, despite the fact I'm 31 years old, traveled a lot for many Brazilian states, and never saw any or ever cared about the subject...

I can't understand why somebody lost his/her time doing a list with lies and blurred visions about a country. What this person will win with it?

And, about ignoring the article, the comments in the very page are enough to prove my point the list is ridiculous.

That said, you need to take this all with a grain of salt... criticism of the host country is part of the package of hosting the Olympics... Australia copped it, Greece copped it, China copped it, Canada and Russia too, now its Brazil's turn.

That said, you need to take this all with a grain of salt... criticism of the host country is part of the package of hosting the Olympics... Australia copped it, Greece copped it, China copped it, Canada and Russia too, now its Brazil's turn.

It's not about the regular criticism over the country who is hosting the games. It's a website about tourism with most positive reviews about destinations...

And, somehow, if Australians, Greeks, Chineses were not caring about the image of their country, the fact is many (not all, of course) of Brazilians do care. Before the World Cup, the bad media about Brazil was so big that polls here showed most of population thought the World Cup would only damage "even more" the image of Brazil...

It's not because it's "normal" that we must accept wrong things, I guess... ;)

Edited by DannyelBrazil