Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

2022 Olympic Winter Games Could Be Staged in 2023 Due to FIFA Conflict

Its an April Fools joke.

It was when it said Qatar was hosting a World Cup that I realised. GBMod must think some of us are really stupid to fall for THAT one.

• Like 2

Haha, very good. On a serious note, though - it's strange that there has been no southern hemisphere bids for 2022. NZ wanted to bid a while back but were categorically told "no" due to the clash with the FIFA World Cup and the reasons described in the above (albeit joke) article. One would have thought this would have been the perfect opportunity. I'd have thought that a South American city in Argentina or Chile or somewhere might too have expressed an interest...

Not even possible, terrible joke. FIFA in itself is a joke and the Olympics would win this battle if it happened, FIFA would be staged in 2023, not the O's.

Haha, very good. On a serious note, though - it's strange that there has been no southern hemisphere bids for 2022. NZ wanted to bid a while back but were categorically told "no" due to the clash with the FIFA World Cup and the reasons described in the above (albeit joke) article. One would have thought this would have been the perfect opportunity. I'd have thought that a South American city in Argentina or Chile or somewhere might too have expressed an interest...

I think New Zealand's ski resorts are located a bit far away from their major population centers. It's a 4 hour drive to Mount Ruapehu from either Auckland or Wellington.

I'm not a New Zealander, though, so that's just a guess.