Edmonton, Durban, Bid For 2022 Commonwealth Games

GBModerator

After Delhi India 2010 I doubt the Commonwealth Games federation will want to go to back to an developing country too soon I think the IOC will want to have two Commonwealth Games in a row to bring back to good mood for the games before going to another developing country by 2026 I think Singapore will make an bid for the 2026 games, The Commonwealth Games will most likely to go to Singapore for an new location the CGF got beating down lots for going to India and South Africa is like India got very high poverty leaves and got lots of social problems, The Fed will most likely go to Edmonton Canada to make up for the 2010 mess I think the CGF is longing to go back to Canada it has been 28 years since they last hosted the games and Africa can wait until they are ready this is not a charity event but the 2nd most important sporting event in the world.

Yes, because the 2010 FIFA World Cup was a complete failure :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Delhi India 2010 I doubt the Commonwealth Games federation will want to go to back to an developing country too soon I think the IOC will want to have two Commonwealth Games in a row to bring back to good mood for the games before going to another developing country by 2026 I think Singapore will make an bid for the 2026 games, The Commonwealth Games will most likely to go to Singapore for an new location the CGF got beating down lots for going to India and South Africa is like India got very high poverty leaves and got lots of social problems, The Fed will most likely go to Edmonton Canada to make up for the 2010 mess I think the CGF is longing to go back to Canada it has been 28 years since they last hosted the games and Africa can wait until they are ready this is not a charity event but the 2nd most important sporting event in the world.

Too soon? If Durban gets the 2022 Commonwealth Games, that's 12 years after Delhi 2010. Although I agree Singapore will probably Bid for 2026. CGF probably will go to a developing Country for 2022, with Durban, South Africa, seeing as though we have had two 'Safe' options in Glasgow 2014 and Gold Coast 2018. Durban's Bid is alot stronger then Edmonton's. You can't 'Punish' Durban 2022 because of the bad build up to Delhi 2010.

And you base this on? :rolleyes:

Well Durban was a Host City for the 2010 Fifa World Cup. Edmonton did Host the Commonwealth Games before, but not recently. Also, Durban would have the 'First African Host'. People can argue all they want that they didn't give it to Abuja, but Durban has a much bigger chance of Hosting then Abuja did.

Well Durban was a Host City for the 2010 Fifa World Cup. Edmonton did Host the Commonwealth Games before, but not recently. Also, Durban would have the 'First African Host'. People can argue all they want that they didn't give it to Abuja, but Durban has a much bigger chance of Hosting then Abuja did.

Do you hear yourself?

Archived