Rio 2016 Torch Comp Final Vote

Rio 2016 Torch Design Comp  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Entry Should Win the GamesBids 2016 Torch Design Comp?

13395866003_257a3fe4c2_b.jpg

We've come to the final round to decide the winner between the highest two scoring contenders from the initial poll. Well done to our two finalists. And a big thanks and well done to all the entrants who submitted designs to the comp.

Rules.

This round one is open until Aismanggo closes voting - I assume he'll post soon to give a time on that as well as any other rules (or over-rule any of the rules I've ruled on in this list of rules).

• All members have one vote.
  • Votes for a relative's logo will not be counted, at Aismanggo's request.
  • Voting will be conducted in rounds until an has an absolute majority at the end of voting will be declared the winner
  • I'm sure members will be eagle-eyed and alert Aismanggo, or me, of any votes that should not be counted. I would assume (Aismanggo can clarify) that eligibility to vote will be taken as being members who had signed up before the start of the comp.

Good luck everyone!

My original submission has been shown. I changed it due to the fact that a trail of blood would probably be left across Brasil. It would symbolize the pain of a journey that the athletes go on but wouldn't look pretty, so I changed it.

Thanks to everyone for voting for me and getting my torch into the final, there was some great designs in the race.

Out of respect for this Torch Competition organised brilliantly by Aismanggo and Sir Rols, I thought I would ask their permission for me organising a unique, Logo Competition after this competition finishes of course. I have been planning for a few weeks, have a structure in place and most importantly have a set of rules in place. Of course, out of respect, I ask for both of your permissions please? Thanks. Tony E.

Out of respect for this Torch Competition organised brilliantly by Aismanggo and Sir Rols, I thought I would ask their permission for me organising a unique, Logo Competition after this competition finishes of course. I have been planning for a few weeks, have a structure in place and most importantly have a set of rules in place. Of course, out of respect, I ask for both of your permissions please? Thanks. Tony E.

Tony E. There's another contest after this one, and it's due on Easter. We're talking about the fantasy HCC (Host city contest) for the 2022 Winter Olympics.

Yours can hold off for a little longer

^ Thanks Cobi, after this comp I will be hosting a fantasy winter contest for 2022. I voted A, very unique and symbolic of Brazil.

Ok. I've booked the space in the 'Calendar' for the next competition after Bernham's competition.

Whats the point of holding a competition, that people work hard on designs and submit to the rules that have been set, deadlines etc, that people then take time to vote on.

When someone hours or days before the result unveils a design they have had weeks longer to work on. Wrong place, wrong time in my opinion

Its a gorgeous torch but that really isn't the point.

Okay, Aismanggo's asked me to close the poll and declare a winner (I had to look - I hadn't got round to voting or even seeing who was in the lead).

Anyway, congratulations Davey on another win - that's a trifecta - Oly logo, Commonwealth Games logo and now Oly torch.

Well done and congratulations - and well done aismanggo!

Archived