New Contest to decide the Next Contest!

The totally absurd Tony E Loves Architecture Summer/Winter Olympic bid contest!

See what we do is give Tony a template of mine for Olympic bid books (the old applicant format). Make him do "X" amount (depending on how many are playing) of different bid cities, then we choose one as our bid. The more the merrier! :P

Ok, let's make this simple. Simply propose the contest with its description, the dates, etc. And we'll prepare a separate thread that serves as a poll.

But I'm still waiting for another olympic design contest (bidding cities, completely similar to this: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/21888-candidate-city-design-contest/?hl=%2Bolympic+%2Bgames+%2Bdesign+%2Bcontest) but the questionnaire responses, and the bid books being submitted, must represent the same level of realism as it occurs in actual elections for olympic host cities, as no matter how many cities are being applied, there's room for six in the shortlist, kicking out one by one until the final round.

If I can remember more, then I'll edit this post with newer info.

Ok, let's make this simple. Simply propose the contest with its description, the dates, etc. And we'll prepare a separate thread that serves as a poll.

But I'm still waiting for another olympic design contest (bidding cities, completely similar to this: http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/21888-candidate-city-design-contest/?hl=%2Bolympic+%2Bgames+%2Bdesign+%2Bcontest) but the questionnaire responses, and the bid books being submitted, must represent the same level of realism as it occurs in actual elections for olympic host cities, as no matter how many cities are being applied, there's room for six in the shortlist, kicking out one by one until the final round.

If I can remember more, then I'll edit this post with newer info.

That's kinda what a bid book competition is.

What about a ceremonies director contest?

You choose a Games edition and actual bid from those Games. Assuming they won, you outline and detail what the Opening and Closing Ceremonies would look like based on their main stadium design.

Produce concept sketches, detailed explanations in a book format, staying within the realism of the effects, styles and most importantly host city/country culture at that point.

Maybe even a handover ceremony from the last previous real host?

The totally absurd Tony E Loves Architecture Summer/Winter Olympic bid contest!

See what we do is give Tony a template of mine for Olympic bid books (the old applicant format). Make him do "X" amount (depending on how many are playing) of different bid cities, then we choose one as our bid. The more the merrier! :P

Harsh to him,but I like being absurd or unrealistic sometimes as funs.

So my suggestions are;

(1)Super mega & ultra unrealsitic stadium contest

e.g. 300,000 capacity.Have to have seats for pets :D .

and if I'm allowed to submit more than 1,

(2)Mascot contest

(3)Outfit design contest

• 3 months later...

Aw, c'mon! The Youth Olympics is a newcomer to the global sporting scene, and it'll take years before it reaches the equal popularity as the bigger counterpart. So that's why I'm willing to setup the fantasy contest for the VI Summer YOG of 2030. I am currently in the planning phase, and it'll go live when it's done

• 2 weeks later...

I think thats a great idea!!

I wouldn't mind organising, or even entering, a bid video comp. I enjoy playing with video editing. And we've had a few bid videos over the years with some of the bid and logo combos.

I might get one going after the Commies have finished.

I have a idea but I'm not sure if a lot of people are interested. Basically you take the role of a olympic broadcaster and plan how to cover the games. So you decide stuff like what event is on what channel, who will be the annnouncers, etc. What do you guys think?

Archived