South American Games Santiago 2014

We are about to start the X version of the South American Games, formerly known as ODESUR Games.

The host this time is Santiago de Chile which have renewed and constructed many new venues to the event.

This is the greatest plan for sport facilities construction ever made in the country

The opening ceremony is on March 7, (a couple of hours later than Sochi Paralympics Opening Ceremony)

The enthusiasm is vibing Santiago people.

Yes, he looks like Condorito because "Chago" (common nickname for the male name Santiago) is a Condor, too the typical animal from Los Andes mountains, which is in the Chilean coat of arms. (That's why Condorito was created)

chile-coat-arms.jpg

Is that the mascot? Looks a bit like Condorito.

Condorito.gif

BTW... How do you know Condorito?

The mascot is a post-modern version of condorito. :P

And now that we're talking about those games, i've got 2 questions:

1. At the moment of make a logo for Santiago, why does the name is cut to 4 letters? I've seen that abbreviation for the Panam bid, and in some logos of a suppose WOG big for the city.

2. Will minners be in the OC?

And i hope see the OC, maybe youtube or the Santiago 2014 website will broadcast it.

Is it true that Scott Givens are doing the ceremony? That stage looks very massive although it seems they'll use projections heavily.

No. that's not true. There were conversation at the beggining of the planifications, but no agreement was done. The ceremony will be produced by a local enterprise.

The miners will be part of the ceremony, but no information has been unveiled yet.

I don't know the numbers of the athletes participating in the Games.

The ceremony will be broadcasted by TVN

http://www.tvn.cl/player/envivo/

For what I've read in the Skyscrapercity forums, yes, the miners will be there :P (much for the dismay of most chileans who seem to believe Piñera is abusing too much of using it as a theme. Speaking of him i'm afraid he'll get a lot of booes this friday).

Also some guy called Americo will sing the national anthem.

Americo? what happened with other chilean artistas like Ricardo Montaner for example?

There will be Americo which is a famous "tropical" music singer, Los Jaivas, which are, maybe, the most respected band of folk music in Chile and it's announced some artist from other Southamerican countries will patrticipate in the event. Ricardo Montaner is not Chilean, he is from Venezuela.

For what I've read in the Skyscrapercity forums, yes, the miners will be there :P (much for the dismay of most chileans who seem to believe Piñera is abusing too much of using it as a theme. Speaking of him i'm afraid he'll get a lot of booes this friday).

Also some guy called Americo will sing the national anthem.

Americo is a famous singer (here in Chile) of "tropical dancing" music (a really shame his participation according to my likes) And about the miners we do not BELIEVE Piñera has abused of the miners event... HE DOES ABUSE!!! of the miners event. Personally I'm sick of them!!! Another shame in the event. Remember, his goverment took miner Mario to the 2019 Pan Am bid presentation in Toronto and the result were... as everybody knows...

There will be Americo which is a famous "tropical" music singer, Los Jaivas, which are, maybe, the most respected band of folk music in Chile and it's announced some artist from other Southamerican countries will patrticipate in the event. Ricardo Montaner is not Chilean, he is from Venezuela.

omg what a mistake about Ricardo Montaner, but apart of Americo, is there any other artist/group from Chile?

Archived