Should Women's basketball be on the chopping block for the Summer games?

There was some discussion about cutting women's hockey from the Winter Games because of concerns of lack of competition!! I wonder if maybe they should consider eliminating women's basketball. The US Women have won the last five golds. There is not reason to believe that they won't win a 6th straight one in Rio. I wonder with the lopsided games, I wonder if some players on the other teams when they play the US are not giving their best effort? The lack of competition is ridiculous!! The fans deserve a tournament that is fun and exciting. Not a lopsided affair each time!! At least the US NBA team's games are more competive now!!

Definitely one of the more popular women's team sports. Shouldn't be dropped for already with a decent amount of competitive teams and gender equity committments. Furthermore, there was even some talk of expanding the field to 16 teams in both for Rio. Didn't materialize there.

Definitely one of the more popular women's team sports. Shouldn't be dropped for already with a decent amount of competitive teams and gender equity committments. Furthermore, there was even some talk of expanding the field to 16 teams in both for Rio. Didn't materialize there.

Only for the men was that discussed.