• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closing in two days, does voting start then as well?

As the march madness is about to begin, the voting goes in bracket format, excluding the third-place playoffs

Dude, this isn't your comp, you can't tell him how to run it.

Also did Afiq ever enter his torch coz all I can see is the ideation and his logo. Is he doing a last minute entry?

Also did Afiq ever enter his torch coz all I can see is the ideation and his logo. Is he doing a last minute entry?

Yes he will most likely be. Late entries either on the day or asking for an extension has been used in the past as a way to hype up the entry, make less time to compare with the others, get the design shown just as voting starts which should gather votes and most possible win. It has been used by Paul in the past in the logo comp and he has went on to win submitting after the deadline has passed.

If Af does it, As will prob do it as well

Yes he will most likely be. Late entries either on the day or asking for an extension has been used in the past as a way to hype up the entry, make less time to compare with the others, get the design shown just as voting starts which should gather votes and most possible win. It has been used by Paul in the past in the logo comp and he has went on to win submitting after the deadline has passed.

I wouldn't be OK with them extending the deadline, certainly not for each other.

Guys, just so you know, I (and I'm sure many others here) would definitely loose confidence in you two being twins if you pulled something like this.

You could also argue that submitting early gives an advantage - it lets one get feedback and comment and make tweaks to fonts and colours etc from that feedback. A few have done exactly that, and gone on to win.

Personally, I always like getting the last minute entries. It helps the voting start with something new to liven things up, and change many people's early preferences. If people like Paul have won with late entries in the past, I'd still think it's the sheer strength of his design abilities rather than timing. And I always give people the option to submit privately to me and only unveil publicly when the voting starts. oist years I usually have at least one person avail themselves of that.

As for requests for extensions of deadline, I think that happens more with the bid book comps when people realise just how much time consuming work good fantasy bid books take to create. I can only remember granting a logo comp extension once - by a day, to Baron. And I think we all realise he usually has good (or offbeat) ideas but has to labour against the more graphic tech proficient entrants we usually get.

sorry for late,having some problem with the account..The submission is now close!i will ask sir rols to start the poll anytime soon!stay tuned!

I'll PM you to see what you're plans are then!

:)

• 2 months later...

Hello :)

I´m Social media coordinator of Rio 2016 and I bring great news about the next Olympicand Paralympic torch. Rio 2016 launches torch design selection process last week :D

Companies interested in designing the Olympic and Paralympic torches have until next Friday to register online.

More information here: http://www.rio2016.com/en/news/news/rio-2016-launches-torch-design-selection-process

GOOD LUCK :D

Has this Competition officially begun?

Tony it ended in like May...wait were you talking about the official one? In that case yes it officially started, but only open to Brazilian design firms or design firms with Brazilian connections.

Archived