Sign in to follow this  
hash1234

Calgary 2030?

Calgary Canada should make a bid for the 2026 Winter Games if the IOC want to go back to basics then Calgary would be a great place the only thing that need to be done in Calgary is build an extreme park, upgrade the McMahon to an 60,000 seater stadia and build a games village that is all Canada put on a great winter games and if the USA host the 2024 Summer Games then it will be 2036 until North America gets the summer games again.

So I could see future games in North America go like this Los Angeles USA 2024 Summer Games, Calgary Canada 2026 Winter Games, Anchorage or Denver USA 2034 Winter Games and Toronto Canada 2036 Summer Games.

Calgary Canada should make a bid for the 2026 Winter Games if the IOC want to go back to basics then Calgary would be a great place the only thing that need to be done in Calgary is build an extreme park, upgrade the McMahon to an 60,000 seater stadia and build a games village that is all Canada put on a great winter games and if the USA host the 2024 Summer Games then it will be 2036 until North America gets the summer games again.

So I could see future games in North America go like this Los Angeles USA 2024 Summer Games, Calgary Canada 2026 Winter Games, Anchorage or Denver USA 2034 Winter Games and Toronto Canada 2036 Summer Games.

I could see Calgary 2026 and US 2032, that seems where were headed and what the IOC is warmed up to. Here is a thought, what if Canada and the US merged. How would that effect the future American (referring to the continents) hostings? This question is based on the novel published last year: The Merger of the Century, Why Canada and the US should merge

Heck, if I were Calgary I'd find a way to throw in a bid for 2022. Somebody the WOG will come back to North America. IMO, Calgary is far ahead of any other possibility.

Well just remember it was an option when Russia and the likes attempt to take your Northern Territory...

What are you talking about?

I've seen some pictures of the ski jump being pretty beaten up, expect that would need a revamp. Maybe another indoor arena needed too since the games have expanded since 88? But yes I guess it would be a fairly straightforward option. I'd prefer to see a return to salt lake though.