Round 1 for the US closes at 2 PM Eastern today. Based on prior Round 1's, I'm expecting very little. My choices run from the impossible (a mythical OC D ticket) to what should be easy (Women's basketball prelim) but if I get more than a few this round I'll be (pleasantly) shocked. The real fun starts in two weeks with round 2 free-for-all.

OC (ha!)

Finals:

Swimming x2

Rugby x2

Diving

Canoe Slalom

Gymnastics

Prelim:

Tennis x2

Golf x2

Beach Volleyball x2

Basketball

Eventing

Football

• Like 1

Yea cosport has been prompting me, i have to give to probably give this games a miss, my wife is bringing up our retirement account! I had local contacts in the last two games and was able to purchase tickets directly from the OC. I usually only purchased a few tickets from cosport. They still have a very high markup and i seem to remember a very big mixup in 2012 that i narrowly manged to avoid.

This will be a very last minute olympics for me if i decide to go, but certainly the local prices are very resonable for most events compared to London. I have some business contacts in RIO, but no one really close.

Only few hours to wait before the confirmation of our orders with Cosport.

Will be very happy if I get 75% of my order.

I just discovered if we go on our Cosport account, we can discover the number of tickets allocated but without the détails. We will know wich ones we got only tomorrow at 10h00

On my order #1 (mostly big finals) I got 10 on 20

On my order #2 (no finals) I got 11 on 20

On my order #3 (duplicata of my harderst tickets to get of my order #1) I got 5 on 15

Hope to have at least one swimming finals

• Like 1

I just discovered if we go on our Cosport account, we can discover the number of tickets allocated but without the détails. We will know wich ones we got only tomorrow at 10h00

On my order #1 (mostly big finals) I got 10 on 20

On my order #2 (no finals) I got 11 on 20

On my order #3 (duplicata of my harderst tickets to get of my order #1) I got 5 on 15

Hope to have at least one swimming finals

Thats an amazing result - where you bidding on Cat A only

I bid on Cat Ds, got 1 in 5 of my tickets.

All A category except three sessions of Athletics finals.where I asked for B

But the tickets they allocated me can be B, C or D

I checked my initial order and I'm afraid to be cut for swimming, diving , cycling track and gymnastic

Hope Cosport will have a Phase III like they did for the London Games few weeks before the OC. That's where I got all my tickets (I didn't participate in the initial phase)

Hi all,

First post on this forum - I'm from the UK and having been to London 2012 I realised I had to go to rio too! Applied for swimming, athletics, cycling, rowing and tennis, mostly the bottom categories. We only got 2/20, but it was for the athletics on Saturday 13th August! I was so pleased with this as this includes some really good team GB prospects - we won 3 gold medals in this session last year! My brother has also applied for tickets so fingers crossed he gets 1 or 2 sets too!

What is the second round like? Is there a chance of there being stuff like tennis, beach volleyball etc? Have swimming, athletics etc all gone by this point?

Regards,

Dan

I had 2 accounts 13 sessions in each. got 3/13 and 0/13. What could have cost me $9000 will now only be $244. Got Tennis quarter finals B ticket Canoe slalom final B ticket and ruby 7s QF B

Hi all,

First post on this forum - I'm from the UK and having been to London 2012 I realised I had to go to rio too! Applied for swimming, athletics, cycling, rowing and tennis, mostly the bottom categories. We only got 2/20, but it was for the athletics on Saturday 13th August! I was so pleased with this as this includes some really good team GB prospects - we won 3 gold medals in this session last year! My brother has also applied for tickets so fingers crossed he gets 1 or 2 sets too!

What is the second round like? Is there a chance of there being stuff like tennis, beach volleyball etc? Have swimming, athletics etc all gone by this point?

Regards,

Dan

It's all up for graps again in the next round because people may not take the tickets they get allocated. And at the moment you will in the team GB draw, later rounds I think Cosport MAY open it up so countries pool tickets (more choice)

What makes Sat 13th good for team GB?

It's all up for graps again in the next round because people may not take the tickets they get allocated. And at the moment you will in the team GB draw, later rounds I think Cosport MAY open it up so countries pool tickets (more choice)

What makes Sat 13th good for team GB?

In that session last year GB won gold in the long jump, women's heptathlon and men's 10,000m. We have good prospects for next year in all three so a good chance of seeing a GB gold medal!

It definitely says that we only got those athletics tickets, but when i click 'add to shopping cart' it's now telling me i've got beach volleyball tickets too, which is weird!

All - be aware there is a major problem with all cosport orders - when you add to cart you get more tickets. Someone spoke to Cosport , they don't know what is going on, and recommend not ordering

In that session last year GB won gold in the long jump, women's heptathlon and men's 10,000m. We have good prospects for next year in all three so a good chance of seeing a GB gold medal!

I had that marked as my #1 hope for London, and was lucky enough to get it. Really a magical night. Fun article by a goofball American sportswriter (Bill Simmons) http://grantland.com/features/great-britain-lives-name/

Not sure how to read my Cosport account. Seems to say I got 0 of 17. Hopefully I'm reading that wrong. Not even the women's basketball ticket I threw in just to not be shut out?

Cosport claims results will be out at 10 Eastern. We'll see.

For those who are new to this (and cosport), the first round is often the worst. There are better prospects in the later rounds. The best tickets show up when cosport just dumps them on their website with no warning. I expect I be checking almost daily until I'm done. If you stick with it, you should end up with much of what you want.

If you are in the UK, remember that (for now at least) you can buy from any of the EU members (though some make it darn hard for foreigners to buy). Especially for the big sports in Britain (cycling) you are probably much more likely to get them elsewhere.

All - be aware there is a major problem with all cosport orders -

shocked.JPG

Yeah I'd heard about being able to buy from any EU ATR but it does seem like they've made it very difficult to actually find where to go for this! The only one that shows anything promising is Denmark who use Sportsworld - the information for their applications is out next week, according to their website.

Does anybody have a link to any of the EU ATRs? Sportsworld was the only one from this list that actually took you to a page where it looked like you'd be able to apply for tickets. All the other ones don't seem to have any info for the Olympics - just what tickets they sell for other sporting events more generally!

http://www.rio2016.com/sites/default/files/users/rio2016_files/atrs_en.pdf

The bad news is that the whole system is corrupt and incompetent.

The good news is that 95%+ of possible ticket buyers either don't understand the system, or aren't willing to put up with it. So the patient person willing to do the research has a great shot at tickets... even if it means dealing with websites 100% in Estonian.

The last few Olympics, the best information has come on Twitter (and here at Gamesbids). Some guy (Volshy??) that seemed to have the best info. I haven't seen anything similar for 2016 yet, but it's probably early for many of the countries.

Or you can just buy from scalpers in Rio. Although they've been clamping down hard on that lately. A shame, as the scalpers are the Robin Hoods of the entire ticketing process.

Just checked CoSports, and my "My Account" page is just completely blank. Hope that it's just a problem on their end and that I didn't completely strike out. Either way, the first round of ticketing is usually the worst. For London, I only got two events out of my eventual 18, and in Vancouver I only got 1 of 8 in the first round.

Very disappointed

Order #1 20 tickets asked (5980$) got 10 (1695$)

Gymnastic qualification 2X, C instead of A

Tennis qualification 1X, B instead of A

Athletics qualification 1X, B instead of A

Athletics finals 2X, D instead of A and 1 B

Synchro final 1X, A

Boxing final, 2X, 1B instead of A and 1A

Equestrian final 1X, A

Order #2 20 tickets asked (3140$) dot 11 (996$)

Beach Volleyball qualification 2X, 1C instead of A and 1A

Volleyball qualification 2X, B instead of A

CanoeKayak Slalom final 1X, B instead of A

Badminton qualification 1X, B instead of A

Basketball qualification 2X, B

WaterPolo 1/4 final 1X, A

Weightlifting final 1X, A

CanoeKayak final 1X, A

Order #3

10 tikets asked (2492$) got 5 (485$)

Diving qualification 2X. 1 C instead of A and 1 A

Athletics Marathon 1X, A

Boxing Final 2X, A

SO NO SWIMMING, NO GYMNASTICS FINALS , NO CYCLING TRACK AND CUT FOR THE BIGGEST NIGHT IN ATHLETICS

And two events I got one extra tickets (allocated twice) both for Boxing final

Edited by Chateau Petrus

I put in a request for 18 tickets and had no confirmations. :( Now waiting for phase 2 and will try again.

Requested Confirmed Sport Session Date Time Session Code Cat. QTY Price * Cat. QTY Price * Opening Ceremony Opening Ceremony Aug 05, 2016 18:00-23:00 ZO001 C 2 $1,293.62 N/A 0 N/A Gymnastics - Artistic Women's Team Final; Women's... Aug 09, 2016 16:00-18:15 GA009 C 2 $388.09 N/A 0 N/A Swimming Women's 100m Freestyle - Heats;... Aug 10, 2016 13:00-15:05 SW009 C 2 $163.40 N/A 0 N/A Swimming Men's 50m Freestyle - Heats; Wo... Aug 11, 2016 13:00-15:15 SW011 C 4 $326.81 N/A 0 N/A Swimming Women's 50m Freestyle - Heats; ... Aug 12, 2016 13:00-15:20 SW013 C 4 $326.81 N/A 0 N/A Swimming Women's 50m Freestyle Final; Me... Aug 13, 2016 22:00-23:40 SW015 C 2 $265.53 N/A 0 N/A Athletics Women's Marathon victory ceremo... Aug 14, 2016 20:15-22:30 AT005 C 2 $541.28 N/A 0 N/A 18 $3,305.53 0

Very disappointed

I would be ecstatic with those results. It's official, I'm 0 for 17. Single tickets... mostly willing to take A's. I knew I wasn't going to get the OC. Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics finals were always long shots. But football prelimns? Women's basketball prelimns? Are you kidding me? Morning beach volleyball prelimins?

Eh, so it's on to round two. Where everybody logs in at the same time and watches co-sport's computers crash over and over again. I'm expecting to find some amazing tickets, get them in my cart, then get timed out before I can actually buy them.

• Like 1

Got pretty much stoned over my family's several orders. Got only canoeing, wrestling, and mountain biking finals. The rest... nada. Got nothing at all of the premium events we requested, as I pretty much suspected.

Those of you who got multiple tickets, count yourselves very lucky. Given our results for some lower-demand events (handball preliminaries, archery, table tennis), I suspect that there really weren't very many tickets actually on offer here.

Usually, CoSport hangs on to most of their tickets for their high-priced tours, especially the high-demand events like Gymnatics, Swimming, Track, etc. Also, the last time around in London, there was some serious evidence of CoSport tickets somehow ending up in the hands of people and companies from outside those allotments.

Anyway, as others here have said, the fun is just beginning. More tickets will become available and if you stick with it you will not be shut out.

Yes, more nice tickets will be available later

Cosport always keep a lot of big ones as Swimming finals cat A, Gymnastic finals Cat A and Athletics finals Cat A to make interresting their Hotel-Tickets package. But at few weeks of the games, they released everything unsold.

At the London Games, in the last month I got 3 athletics, 1 gymnastic, 1 basketball, 1 football, 1 taeKwanDo, 2 CanoeKayak and 1 volleyball. ALL FINALS except volleyball (semi-finals)

So, I have hope

• Like 1

I don't understand why the OC just doesn't do the entire ticketing process. It would be so much simpler.