How do you find the time to attend all these??????? Dividing 96 by the 16 days makes an average of about six events a day. I'd be exhausted.

Next time I go to a games, I'd look at one, maybe two at the most, events per day.

96 Finals for 16 days, yes

But I have 3 sessions in Athletics with 5 Finals and more

3 sessions in canoe-Kayak with 4, 3 in rowing with four, 3 in swimming with 4, etc...

96 Finals for 16 days, yes

But I have 3 sessions in Athletics with 5 Finals and more

3 sessions in canoe-Kayak with 4, 3 in rowing with four, 3 in swimming with 4, etc...

Did you consider the distances between venues!?

Did you consider the distances between venues!?

Yes

My only one time-distance conflict will be having to leave after the first half of the women soccer gold medal game to be in time for athletics finals (I had the same scenario in London with the men gold medal game at Wembley Stadium)

I was very happy last week to heard that the Blue line will be ready in time.

Otherwise I would be in very big trouble

Edited by Chateau Petrus

@petrus: Should be ok when you leave 5 minutes before the end., 19:15.

15 mins(?) walk from Maracana to train station, train takes 13 mins.

20:00 at the stadium.

AT014 starts at 20:10, but first first three topics are Medal Ceremonies.

First event is Womens Pole Vault at 20:30.

First on the track at 20:40 is Womens 4x400 Relay Round 1.

Yes

My only one time-distance conflict will be having to leave after the first half of the women soccer gold medal game to be in time for athletics finals (I had the same scenario in London with the men gold medal game at Wembley Stadium)

I was very happy last week to heard that the Blue line will be ready in time.

Otherwise I would be in very big trouble

That's a good planning.

I have max 2 events per day, and the days where I have one event I'll spend the rest of the day to visit some places in Rio. It's my first time there :)

@petrus: Should be ok when you leave 5 minutes before the end., 19:15.

15 mins(?) walk from Maracana to train station, train takes 13 mins.

20:00 at the stadium.

AT014 starts at 20:10, but first first three topics are Medal Ceremonies.

First event is Womens Pole Vault at 20:30.

First on the track at 20:40 is Womens 4x400 Relay Round 1.

That is the time it take on a normal day.

We will be at the Olympics, it will be different with all those security controls.

I prefer to not take a chance, play safe and leave early.

But if Canada play in that match (it's possible, they won the Bronze in 2012), sure that I will stay to the end.

GO CANADA

Im up to 17 sessions in 7 days but still have 2 mornings and an afternoon to fill. Im well down on finals as im going in he first week and have basketball, Hockey and rugby prilims.

I have been trying to place a final order but it keeps refusing my visa even though all the information is correct. I have tried both of my visas and my bank card visa and all have the same problem. Anyone know why or what I can do? This is my final order for what looks like a great games experience.

You're not the first person to report this. One possible problem could be that there is a limitation of 20 sessions total per account (it's not clear whether this is 20 sessions per website account or Visa account). This is in addition to the per session ticket limitations of 4 to 6 tickets. That information is hard to find but shows up in the Ticketing Guide pdf linked from the "search for sessions" page.

You should also try contacting your bank or Visa directly, since sometimes one of their fraud control protections will automatically kick in and reject your order, and it may actually be a bit had to find that information out. This happened to part of my Beijing order and my bank had no idea what was going on.

From ATR:

Rio Games ticket sales latest - 67% (4 million) of Olympic tickets sold, so 2m to sell in 2 months; only 24% sold for Paralympics

https://twitter.com/MBisson_ATR/status/738386378313072640

Behind London and Beijing, but not all that bad for a poorer country in a deep recession. A lot of these tickets must be extremely expensive for most Brazilians. I do expect a significant late sale of a lot of the remaining tickets, even after the Games are underway, and to see very healthy crowds for most major sessions in Rio. They're almost certainly ahead of where Athens was.

I remember going to the men's all-around Gymnastics final in Athens and, for an event that is always a sell-out at every Olympics (and is apparently is a sell-out in Rio), being shocked to see the upper deck of the arena completely empty and the lower deck 2/3 full. There are always empty seats at Olympic events, due to the seats reserved for officials, dignitaries, Olympic grand poobahs, etc., but that was ridiculous. And most sessions in Athens were similarly very far from sold out.

I've got 2 tennis tickets that I no longer can use for the evening session on Monday 8th August - Centre Court, Category B, if anyone is interested? Tickets will be sent to me by Cosport in the next month or so. I can the arrange for collection either in Rio or possible have them posted out, depending on your location. €96 for the pair. Message me if you're interested!

Any question of "unsold seats" really needs to be split between football, and non-football. If they are having trouble selling football tickets in Brasilia and Manaus... eh, no biggie. But if the majority of those seats are for core events in Rio that is a problem.

I did call my visa. All of them actually. THey are approving the transaction and the source is rejecting them--so I don't know what is going on or what to do to complete the purchase. I sent a note via the contact us line but I am not optimistic. I do have a PO box so I am not sure if that creates a problem. Anyone know what to put for District? I have been putting County but that may be the problem.

You're not the first person to report this. One possible problem could be that there is a limitation of 20 sessions total per account (it's not clear whether this is 20 sessions per website account or Visa account). This is in addition to the per session ticket limitations of 4 to 6 tickets. That information is hard to find but shows up in the Ticketing Guide pdf linked from the "search for sessions" page.

You should also try contacting your bank or Visa directly, since sometimes one of their fraud control protections will automatically kick in and reject your order, and it may actually be a bit had to find that information out. This happened to part of my Beijing order and my bank had no idea what was going on.

The 20 ticket limit is from Cosport only.

The limit at Rio 2016 online sales is 120 per account.

Easy to find under Help, question No. 8

I did call my visa. All of them actually. THey are approving the transaction and the source is rejecting them--so I don't know what is going on or what to do to complete the purchase. I sent a note via the contact us line but I am not optimistic. I do have a PO box so I am not sure if that creates a problem. Anyone know what to put for District? I have been putting County but that may be the problem.

Your address on the site Rio2016 should be the same invoice of your credit card , and can not be a PO Box.

Your address on the site Rio2016 should be the same invoice of your credit card , and can not be a PO Box.

It is how they confirm that you are a real person etc etc

The 20 ticket limit is from Cosport only.

The limit at Rio 2016 online sales is 120 per account.

Easy to find under Help, question No. 8

This has nothing to do with CoSport. I certainly know the difference between CoSport and the Rio 2016 official site.

But thank you for that information about what it says on the help page. That 6 sessions per order, 120 tickets total per account limitation is a relatively recent change. I was going by what it says on page 12 of the Rio 2016 ticketing guide, which are the rules that were used for the original draw phase and the beginning of online sales to Brazilians. It says "You will be able to choose up to 20 sessions, with a limit of four or six tickets per session" and that there's a "limit of 20 sessions per account."

Tickets for ceremonies and athletics were added today.

I TRIED to get tickets for ZO catD or catC, but I had no success at all. Now there's only CatA available but it's too much :/

Better to watch on a fan fest on Ipanema (hoping that there will be one there haha)

Tickets for ceremonies and athletics were added today.

I TRIED to get tickets for ZO catD or catC, but I had no success at all. Now there's only CatA available but it's too much :/

Better to watch on a fan fest on Ipanema (hoping that there will be one there haha)

I watched Beijing OC and London CC at the Heinekein Holland House. Lot of fun.

German Fan Fest on the Ipanema Beach is a very nice option for OC

Does anybody know how to change delivery method on the Rio 2016 site for tickets that were already ordered. I'd like to change tickets that I bought through a Brazilian friend from SEDEX home delivery to E-Ticket....the customer service replied in email that this is possible, but I don't see where to do it. thanks!

Hi all, the #2012tweeps community on twitter suggested I post this here:

I made a google sheet to share/exchange spare tickets:

It's editable- please take care! https://goo.gl/P45Xd9

Instructions are on the sheet

Oh, and there's already ~50 sets of tickets by various folks on the sheet, so if you're looking for tickets, this might be a good place to look!

Hi all, the #2012tweeps community on twitter suggested I post this here:

I made a google sheet to share/exchange spare tickets:

It's editable- please take care! https://goo.gl/P45Xd9

Instructions are on the sheet