Rio 2016 Tickets

It is different for each individual games, though there are always tickets in the close run up (2-3 months) and for Rio there will be another international allocation in September ish sort of time (this year)

do you know if that is going to be a live sale or a request?

Does anybody on here know the rules of the second round ticket lottery for Brazil residents - I asked a friend in Brazil who tried for tickets in the first round and managed to get some tickets if they could try for some tickets for me in the second round, my friend was happy to do this except he said he cannot apply in the second round since he got tickets in the first round - I re-call something similar for the London Olympics, can anybody confirm this is the case for Brazil ?

I was traveling on vacation the day individual tickets went live for US via cosport so I didn't check until hours after they sent e mail notification and by that time only 8 sports left. Now it's down to two. I didn't even have my visa with me anyway. Guess I just want to torture myself but I saw some got gymnastics and was just curious if women's AA or team finals were ever available. Just wondering. Not that it does me any good either way now.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I had a friend who was able to purchase both men and women team and AA finals. She was obsessively checking and refreshing though. By the time I got in ten minutes later, a number of things I was interested in were already gone. Swimming finals were gone, women's beach vball final gone. I was able to get a swimming prelim, men's soccer final, women's water polo final.

Does anybody on here know the rules of the second round ticket lottery for Brazil residents - I asked a friend in Brazil who tried for tickets in the first round and managed to get some tickets if they could try for some tickets for me in the second round, my friend was happy to do this except he said he cannot apply in the second round since he got tickets in the first round - I re-call something similar for the London Olympics, can anybody confirm this is the case for Brazil ?

Your friend can apply in second draw. Only requirement is you should have applied in first draw and completed the purchase. Since he applied in first draw, he definitely can apply for tickets in second draw. It just states that who didn't get tickets in first draw will be given preference in second draw. All the rules are clearly written on Rio 2016 official site.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, and I thought that Cosport was bad. My friend just told me that Cartan is charging a $75 "delivery fee" on top of the normal 20% per ticket mark up. That doesn't sound so crazy. Cosport charges $35, Dertour charges about $100 for international deliveries.

The difference is that Cartan doesn't send your tickets out. That's the delivery fee for PICKING UP your tickets in Rio. There is no actual delivery option.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI for those in South America, etc....

Ticket Sales will re-open on Monday, August 17th at 10:00 AM PDT! http://www.cartanglobal.com/rio2016

Any updates on other websites selling tix??

Also, I have connections in Israel but there is no information on the ISSTA site about Olympics tickets, anyone have info or advice about this??

http://www.issta.com/

Thanks!

Hi there guys. I'm from Chile and there were a few sports for this zone: just soccer, basketball, beach volley, gymnastics, tennis and athletics. I got tickets for beach volley, gymnastics and basketball.

I wanted tickets for indoor volleyball and swimming (and the Opening Ceremony, but maybe is imposible hahaha). Does anybody know if there's another chance to get tickets for other sports?

Cosport released some more tickets last night - managed to get RO008 category A. There were also quite a few athletics including AT005, although those have been snapped up now.

danM,

How did you become aware of the ticket availability? I check Cosport every day, but just once around noon. Is there a particular time to check? Are there automated notifications I can set? Or, should one simply check fairly often and hope to get lucky?

Thanks.

Hi there guys. I'm from Chile and there were a few sports for this zone: just soccer, basketball, beach volley, gymnastics, tennis and athletics. I got tickets for beach volley, gymnastics and basketball.

I wanted tickets for indoor volleyball and swimming (and the Opening Ceremony, but maybe is imposible hahaha). Does anybody know if there's another chance to get tickets for other sports?

In Europe you could buy a lot of volleyball tickets. Do you have any connections to Europe, maybe to Gemany ?

Cosport release more tickets this afternoon for US residents (unfortunelly, not for canadian)

One is on my wish list, CF004 (Canoe-Kayak for August 18th). I need only one ticket

Can somebody in US can take it for me

There's a lot of tickets available for Canada but not for USA, in exchange I can grab some tickets for you if you want, or if preferred I can send money

Thanks in advance

Edited by Chateau Petrus

I went ahead and bought the CF004b ticket. We can figure out the details whenever you want.

Big news is I grabbed a couple tickets for myself. Exactly none of the tickets I wanted were available, but I bought two... so now I know I'm going. Time to start looking for a place to stay.

cubebox: there are a ton of indoor volleyball tickets available in the US. I'm sure they will make their way to Chile eventually. It's never that hard a ticket to get, so I wouldn't worry about it.

In Europe you could buy a lot of volleyball tickets. Do you have any connections to Europe, maybe to Gemany ?

I have! Not in Germany but in Spain and Finland. I'll ask them how to get them. Thanks fot the idea

BTW, does any other country has available tickets for the Opening Ceremony? I didn't get them at the first lottery and now there aren't tickets available (at least for Chile).

And now the ominous note appears at the top of the page: "tickets may become available at any time with or without notice". So, what is the best way to get notice when those tickets do become available? Still that Twitter account?

Best way to get them is to check it constantly like you have OCD, especially closer to the Games. It's all about a combination of luck, timing, and desire.

I requested GO004 (Golf Men's Final) tickets from a few ATR's in Europe and today I found out that I have 4 tickets too many.
Does anybody know the best way to sell these extra 4 tickets?

I looked for an Ebay, Stubhub or Viagogo like website in Brazil, but couldn't find anything.

Please advice