Rio 2016 Tickets

I suspect the reason is that so many people got skunked in the first two rounds. Also, I received a couple of notifications from CoSport 2 hours after the site went live. So if someone was not watching and they did not get in until 2 hours after the site went live, they had a very limited selection of tickets. A couple of things are surprising. First, there are still basketball tickets left. Second, it appears the majority of the tickets were in C and D categories. It makes me wonder if CoSport did not downgrade people when they could not get the ticket category they asked for.

I suspect the reason is that so many people got skunked in the first two rounds. Also, I received a couple of notifications from CoSport 2 hours after the site went live. So if someone was not watching and they did not get in until 2 hours after the site went live, they had a very limited selection of tickets. A couple of things are surprising. First, there are still basketball tickets left. Second, it appears the majority of the tickets were in C and D categories. It makes me wonder if CoSport did not downgrade people when they could not get the ticket category they asked for.

I got downgraded from A to C in a freestyle wrestling event in Round 1, so I can attest that they were doing that.

It makes you wonder who the hundred or so people were who got the 100m final and didn't pay up for them...

I got downgraded from A to C in a freestyle wrestling event in Round 1, so I can attest that they were doing that.

It makes you wonder who the hundred or so people were who got the 100m final and didn't pay up for them...

The issue that I see is that we applied for a ton of Beach VB sessions. Received absolutely NONE. Yet today almost all were available. Same with Diving and gymnastics. Had numerous people apply and received none. Yet available today.

Maybe we were just lucky on the live sale and were able to get what we really wanted........

Cartan have emailed me the results of their lottery - got AT005 (100m final) but also 2 beach volleyball and 1 tennis session - I got one of the beach volleyball sessions and the tennis session in the second cosport ballot, so only really want the AT005 tickets. With Cartan you have to take all or nothing so I think I will have to turn them down, otherwise I'd be forking out ~$1000 and having to sell BV002, BV017 and TE015. What do people think? Is there a good chance of being to offload those three sets of tickets? Maybe to people on here?(!)

Cartan have emailed me the results of their lottery - got AT005 (100m final) but also 2 beach volleyball and 1 tennis session - I got one of the beach volleyball sessions and the tennis session in the second cosport ballot, so only really want the AT005 tickets. With Cartan you have to take all or nothing so I think I will have to turn them down, otherwise I'd be forking out ~$1000 and having to sell BV002, BV017 and TE015. What do people think? Is there a good chance of being to offload those three sets of tickets? Maybe to people on here?(!)

I think BV and tennis should be really easy to move. Early BV is one of the best values on the slate. Four matches, on Copacabana for $25?

Very happy to get my most wanted ticket AT15 for the big night in Athletics

Decided to add some more events to my agenda, Diving final, Judo Final and WaterPolo Final

So, I have now officially tickets for 58 Finals (in twelve differents sports)

And I hope this amount will go up since I'm still hoping to grab Swimming and Rowing Finals when Cosport will released their unsold (reserved now for their luxury Hotel Package) just few weeks before the Games

I'm a bit concerned with Cosport. Did they ever make any promises after the London games that when we buy tickets that they would be seated together??? Because I remember people has many issues with them in 2012 due to seating arrangements.

You should always be concerned with CoSport. They may or may not have made promises... but if they did, so what? It's not like a promise from CoSport means anything.

That said, the split ticket issue was mostly a London problem. I don't recall it at prior Olympics, and didn't notice or hear about any problems in Sochi.

I'm a bit concerned with Cosport. Did they ever make any promises after the London games that when we buy tickets that they would be seated together??? Because I remember people has many issues with them in 2012 due to seating arrangements.

I could be wrong, but I think they pretty explicitly say they don't make guarantees about tickets being together. Hope and pray is all you can do.

It wasn't an issue at Sochi, because most events weren't sold out, so they didn't have to make any difficult logistic decisions...

Since I'm new to this I have a lot of questions.... Do ticket vendors usually release more tickets around this time or later in the year and more as 2016 goes on?

It is different for each individual games, though there are always tickets in the close run up (2-3 months) and for Rio there will be another international allocation in September ish sort of time (this year)

• Like 1

I was traveling on vacation the day individual tickets went live for US via cosport so I didn't check until hours after they sent e mail notification and by that time only 8 sports left. Now it's down to two. I didn't even have my visa with me anyway. Guess I just want to torture myself but I saw some got gymnastics and was just curious if women's AA or team finals were ever available. Just wondering. Not that it does me any good either way now.