Rio 2016 Tickets

Chateau Petrus, I don't see why you should be the least bit disappointed. Many of us have basically been skunked on both submissions. For us, we have 5 accounts and each time submitted for the max number of tickets (max 3 tickets per event). First round one person received 3 events (3 tickets each) and everyone else got zero. This round it appears everyone received zero.

There is nothing in my accounts, just a big fat $0. I don't even see the events I requested... just hoping this is a hiccup and maybe we still have a chance we got some!

Did you look at your account and then click on "My Ticket Request"? Ours shows everything we requested but there is nothing in blue.

Also hope that they have not "posted" all the tickets from this go around.

• Like 1

Disappointed because I didn't get the tickets I want the most.

I'm referee in rowing at national level and I will see only two finals

I'm referee in swimming at national level and I will see no finals

I'm referee in Track and Field at provincial level and I don't get the last night wich is the most imortant one

There is nothing in my accounts, just a big fat $0. I don't even see the events I requested... just hoping this is a hiccup and maybe we still have a chance we got some!

Click on my account, then look at your ticket request. The event code like AT007 will be gray or blue. We assume blue = good.

I'm referee in Track and Field at provincial level and I don't get the last night wich is the most imortant one

I don't know if you've gone to the Olympics before or not, but I'd just relax. In London, where ticket demand was as high as it's ever been, I was able to snag tickets to things like the gymnastics team final, the last night of swimming, and the women's final at Wimbledon in the two months leading up to the Olympics. Once they give up on selling packages, more tickets magically appear.

That being said, If our theory is right, I think that I'm going to end up with an extra ticket to the 100m final (my friend and I both hit) and a 200m final for men (the 200 because I didn't see that it conflicted with the M Beach Volleyball final I'd gotten). I'll be looking to trade the 100m final and 200m final for some combination of M Bball gold, M Vball gold, tennis finals, swim finals, etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed that ticket Santa really is coming to town for me.

Disappointed because we have basically received nothing. The 3 that we received (tennis prelim, canoe and handball were not ones we really wanted but were backups. We (5 accounts) really wanted Beach VB and each person applied for basically all the sessions on the 4 days we will be there. Received NONE. Wanted others (but not on top of our priority list) and received NONE.

I don't know if you've gone to the Olympics before or not, but I'd just relax. In London, where ticket demand was as high as it's ever been, I was able to snag tickets to things like the gymnastics team final, the last night of swimming, and the women's final at Wimbledon in the two months leading up to the Olympics. Once they give up on selling packages, more tickets magically appear.

That being said, If our theory is right, I think that I'm going to end up with an extra ticket to the 100m final (my friend and I both hit) and a 200m final for men (the 200 because I didn't see that it conflicted with the M Beach Volleyball final I'd gotten). I'll be looking to trade the 100m final and 200m final for some combination of M Bball gold, M Vball gold, tennis finals, swim finals, etc.

Keeping my fingers crossed that ticket Santa really is coming to town for me.

It will be my 7th Olympic

I know that we will have acces to premium tickets few weeks before the Games and I hope to get my missing Athletics tix and 2 or 3 Swimming finals and at least one more rowing.

For the London Games, I didn't applied in the Phase 1 and Phase 2 from Cosport since I was not supposed to go.

A month before the Games, I realised that I was able to grab some outstanding tickets. Was there for only 6 days but got 1 Gymnastic Final, 3 Athletics Finals, 1 Taekwando Final, 2

Canoe Kayak Final, 1 Boxing Final, 1 Diving Qual, 1 Sinchro qual. and the Men's Gold Final soccer match at Wembley (wich I had to leave at the half-time to get in time for Athletics)

So, I keep a space in my agenda for my "most wanted tickets" that I have good chance to get when Cosport will released their unused they keep now to sell expensive Hotel-Ticket packages

Hi everyone! So Cosport didn't email us about the first round of ticket buying, but we're definitely on the list because we went to London, got emails for Sochi, etc. So that sucked, but we found out and tried for the second round.

Now we just got three pairs of tickets allocated (out of 20 pairs requested), and they are ALL for equestrian events. We requested a wide variety of events, of course. Two are for dressage, and I don't think we'll want to see two of the same event, since we are not particular fans of equestrian but rather were hoping to go to see a handful of different sports. I was hoping to see just one equestrian event!

My question now is should we take our two sets of tickets and just assume we will be able to get more later when the packages aren't sold? How feasible is that? We don't really want to commit to the whole trip with only two sets of tickets, for the same sport, in hand if there's no real chance of getting any more tickets.

I'm the first two. Not sure about the latter!

My husband is a pretty cautious guy, so I don't know that he'll want to go ahead with this with just two sets of equestrian tix in hand. For London we got three sets during one lottery round, all for different events, and it was just one of our stops on a UK honeymoon. We didn't try for any more tix than that initial three pairs. Of course, we're also eager to see Brazil, and that factors in too!

It sure looks like they didn't have many tickets available for this round. To be fair, they did say "limited supply" when they first notified us about this request phase (after the abortive open sale attempt).

We put in 3 requests of about 25-30 tickets each, almost all for prime events like gymnastics, swimming, diving, tennis. We got none of them. All we got were badminton, wrestling, and equestrian prelims.

If you think CoSport is your only answer you are not thinking outside the square. Getting tickets is super easy just be creative on your approach. Friends, family, pen friends can all help you if they live outside of youf country - everyone knows someone somewhere else. You just have to make sure you know the supply and source and it's an official ATR - just don't deal in the unofficial ones

If you think CoSport is your only answer you are not thinking outside the square. Getting tickets is super easy just be creative on your approach. Friends, family, pen friends can all help you if they live outside of youf country - everyone knows someone somewhere else. You just have to make sure you know the supply and source and it's an official ATR - just don't deal in the unofficial ones

"Super easy" is for sure a stretch. "Possible" is a much better descriptor. Reports from our Brazilian friends, who have by far the biggest allotment, suggest that people are getting shut out pretty hard there. My European based friends tell me that Eventeam got shelled hard and fast.

If you trust, "pen friends" with thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, I would be happy to be your USA based pen friend...