Rio 2016 Tickets

It was on a closed Facebook group. I missed out too as they shut it down after a couple of hours.

Lots of AT, RO.

Most SW, TE except for the best couple of sessions.

GA, SY

No ceremonies

In response to telephone calls, CoSport said it was an accident, it shouldn't have gone live. My guess is they were testing the site.

Afraid it's another example of CoSport incompetence.

People definately made purchases. EU I think, but could have been wider.

They have receipts.

Does this take away from USA tix available? And thanks for the @Volshy info- I will be follwing him now!

My friend called cosport yesterday and they said by the end of the week (Im assuming today or tomorrow) They will have more information about the date of sales.

Now up on CoSport's site:

"Individual Tickets

Request Only

Your next step towards securing tickets on a standalone basis!

Requests must be received by June 10, 2015 at 16:00 (NYC time) to be considered."

Underneath is a greyed out button stating "Coming Soon"

No email notification from them yet, nor any idea when this "request" period will begin. So, what does this mean? Instead of the promised live sales, are we going to be put through another round of ticket requests and drawings?

This tells me that the EU and Australian release of tickets inadvertently included the U.S. allocation of tickets. So basically CoSport does not have any tickets available for the U.S. Having another request phase gives CoSport time to try and get more tickets.

Hope the limit this request phase to those who did not get any tickets in phase 1.

Any guess as to when CoSport will send me (and their other customers) an email with the info on their website?

I just receievd an email....

"Nothing Beats Being There!

A second Rio 2016 Individual Ticket Request Phase will open for residents of the United States through www.cosport.com starting June 3, 2015 at 09:00 (NYC time).

This is not a first come, first served process -

any requests successfully submitted before June 10, 2015 at 16:00 (NYC time) will receive equal consideration.

NOTE: You will be able to request only tickets available within our current inventory as opposed to all sessions included in the Rio 2016 Competition Schedule as was offered in the first Request Phase.

Shortly after the Ticket Request Confirmation Phase concludes, any remaining Individual Ticket inventory will be made available for sale on www.cosport.com on a first come, first served basis."

They also explain on their message what happened May 19th :

Individual Ticket Live Sales were suspended hours before their planned release out of concern that the significant demand for strictly limited inventory would prevent the CoSport ticket sales platform from delivering the standard of service you deservingly expect.

This second request phase allows for a fairer distribution of tickets - something that cannot be guaranteed through a live sale at this time. The second request phase includes all tickets that were not purchased during the first request phase in addition to any new inventory received from Rio 2016. There will be additional opportunities to purchase Individual Tickets as more tickets are secured from Rio 2016 for sale in Canada.

Thank you for your understanding - we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

Update, on the copsort page... it pushed back the request phase.

"Requests may be submitted starting June 10, 2015 at 16:00 (NYC) and must be received by June 15, 2015 at 9:00 (NYC) to be considered."

They also explain on their message what happened May 19th :

Individual Ticket Live Sales were suspended hours before their planned release out of concern that the significant demand for strictly limited inventory would prevent the CoSport ticket sales platform from delivering the standard of service you deservingly expect.

This second request phase allows for a fairer distribution of tickets - something that cannot be guaranteed through a live sale at this time. The second request phase includes all tickets that were not purchased during the first request phase in addition to any new inventory received from Rio 2016. There will be additional opportunities to purchase Individual Tickets as more tickets are secured from Rio 2016 for sale in Canada.

Thank you for your understanding - we're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!

So, I guess they changed their mind again overnight? And so we're now back to June 3 to 10 again for the rsecond equest phase? Gotta love their consistency at being inconsistent.

..."delivering the standard of service you deservingly expect" Now that's funny.

Also:

"NOTE: You will be able to request only tickets available within our current inventory as opposed to all sessions included in the Rio 2016 Competition Schedule as was offered in the first Request Phase.".

So, will there be something available in the next couple of days that will tell us just what "current inventory" they have?

From the sound of this email, it will be much more limited than what was reported available in the abortive Australian and EU live sales over the past couple of weeks.

Order placed

Asked for 3 Gymnastic Finals (got zero in Phase 1)

Asked for 2 Swimming Finals and 2 qualif. (got zero in Phase 1)

Asked for 1 Athletics Finals (allready got 3 in Phase 1)

Asked for 2 Canoe-Kayak Finals (allready got 1 in Phase 1)

Asked for 1 Weightlifting Final (allready got 1 in Phase 1)

Very disapointed no Rowing Finals available for the two dates I want