Rio 2016 Tickets

OK, here are the results that turned up for me upon my request.

Handball Men's Preliminaries
Archery Women's Finals
Field Hockey- Men's Pool Play
Fencing Men's Foil Finals
Athletics Men's 100m Finals, Men's Discus Throw final; Women's Triple Jump final; Men's 400m final; Women's Long Jump final; Women's 200m final; Women's 100m Hurdles final; Men's 3000m
Modern Pentathlon - Finals
Rhythmic Gymnastics- Group Finals
My questions from here.
1. What should I jump on?
2. Now, what about flights and hotels?
3. There's a slight possibility I could be doing research work for NBC Sports. Should I invest anyways?
Thanks!
Andrew
  • Like 1

OK, here are the results that turned up for me upon my request.

Handball Men's Preliminaries
Archery Women's Finals
Field Hockey- Men's Pool Play
Fencing Men's Foil Finals
Athletics Men's 100m Finals, Men's Discus Throw final; Women's Triple Jump final; Men's 400m final; Women's Long Jump final; Women's 200m final; Women's 100m Hurdles final; Men's 3000m
Modern Pentathlon - Finals
Rhythmic Gymnastics- Group Finals
My questions from here.
1. What should I jump on?
2. Now, what about flights and hotels?
3. There's a slight possibility I could be doing research work for NBC Sports. Should I invest anyways?
Thanks!
Andrew

Athletics Men's 100m Finals <-- Bolt I think is doing this would be awesome to see him, probably his last Olympics.

And Ive been hearing Handball is quite popular so may want to snag that now.

Get the tickets while you can. I had no problem in London getting ride of excess tickets using twitter. Both sold and swapped tickets so i am hoping it will be the same in Rio.

You will always find somewhere to stay it just depends how much you are willing to pay. Anyone be interested in apartment shearing? have contacted a few of airbnb but as yet not taking bookings.

It's hard to book mainstream hotels for the Olympics. The IOC (and family) blocks off a ton of room, and the asking price for the remaining rooms can be ridiculous. Think in terms of hostels, guesthouses, pousada, etc. Airbnb will be a huge source of rooms.

If you really want a mainstream hotel room, wait. They are always over-reserved. The IOC will eventually release the rooms they don't need... they will likely hit the market at "reasonable" prices.

I found a website for Bed&Breakfast

Prices shown are the regular price for non-olympic period.

The system allow us to book for the olympic dates but we received after a mail telling they don't accept reservation now because they will increase the prices and they haven't decided yet what will be the new prices who could be the double.

I then reply back telling that I agree to pay double (in my case 170$CAN the night instead of 85$CAN) for that period. They accept and we finalized the deal whith a deposit with my credit card.

2x normal is a good rate. For Carnival, rates can go up so 3x normal. I'm assuming 3x for my budget.

Though, hey, if I don't have any tickets to buy I'll have lots of money left over for housing. There's the marathon, street bike races, sailing... plenty to see for free. /sarcasm.

Get the tickets while you can. I had no problem in London getting ride of excess tickets using twitter. Both sold and swapped tickets so i am hoping it will be the same in Rio.

You will always find somewhere to stay it just depends how much you are willing to pay. Anyone be interested in apartment shearing? have contacted a few of airbnb but as yet not taking bookings.

The problem with airbnb is that the owner can cancel the reservation at any time. So basically, if rents go up, the person cancels your reservation. If prices go down, you are stuck with the current price. Not a good situation.

2x normal is a good rate. For Carnival, rates can go up so 3x normal. I'm assuming 3x for my budget.

Though, hey, if I don't have any tickets to buy I'll have lots of money left over for housing. There's the marathon, street bike races, sailing... plenty to see for free. /sarcasm.

As of 2012, sailing is no longer free :P

OK for better or worse, here's what I settled with for about $650.

8/9 Handball- 2 Mens Preliminaries

8/11 Archery- Women's Individual Finals (Gold/Bronze)

8/12 Fencing- Men's Foil Team Finals (Gold/Bronze)

8/14 Athletics- Women's Triple Jump final; Men's 400m final; Men's 100m final

Any thoughts or opinions? In case I'm forced to resale (which I hope doesn't happen), any advice?

no track cycling but did get 2 cat C swim prelim and 1 cat C final. Also rowing, beach volly prelim, Ruby 7s

only crashed on me once but thankfully it came up again with shopping basket still full so did a quick payment.

I also went back and got 2 other ticket and it added it to my 1 shipping charge think for London every order had a new shipping charge of $47!!!