Rio 2016 Tickets

Remember, "there are always more tickets." The opening round gets all the publicity; that's when most people apply so it's the hardest to get tickets. But for the patient person, there are always more tickets.

The best advice. I got almost nothing through the opening round for London (2 tennis sessions, table tennis, and the men's archery final). But by the end of the process I had at tickets for at least 2 events per day for the 11 days I was there. All acquired through one official channel or another, and not from ticket brokers. London was the toughest (and by far the most expensvie) but this has been the experience for each of the 8 Summer Olympics I've attended.

Curiosities about the requests for tickets

- Volleyball appears in the top 5 of all states, since the football just does not appear among the favorites of gauchos.

- Basketball is in the top 5 of 20 states, swimming in the 13 states, gymnastics and tennis at 10 in nine states. Athletics is in the top 5 only two states.

- Among the states whose capital is subsede football, only São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro have no preference in football in the first place

- Beach Volleyball is in the top 5 of Northeastern states such as Alagoas, Ceará and Paraíba. Judo is strong in Mato Grosso, while the handball is in the top 5 of Maranhão.

- Traditionally one of the most popular sports in other Olympic Games, the Athletics are in the top 5 in the states of Amapá and Rio Grande do Sul

- Judo, Handball, Athletics and Beach Volleyball are the only sports outside the top 5 of the overall rankings that appeared in the ranking of some states.

- Tennis is in the top 5 of the following states: Acre, Bahia, Goiás, Minas Gerais, Paraná, Piauí, Rio Grande do Sul, Sergipe and Tocantins

- The opening ceremony is not present in the top 5 of the following states: Maranhão, Roraima, Tocantins, Acre, Amapá and Goiás.

- The Artistic Gymnastics is among the favorites of the following states: Rio Grande do Sul, Rio de Janeiro, the Federal District, Tocantins, Mato Grosso, Pernambuco, Mato Grosso do Sul, Roraima, Rio Grande do Norte and Sergipe.

- Swimming is among the favorites of the following states: Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina, São Paulo, Minas Gerais, Espirito Santo, Federal District, Mato Grosso do Sul, Amapá, Amazonas, Pará, Roraima, Maranhão and Rio Grande do Norte

No, unless you've also made death threats against Sue Perkins .

As for Rondon though- he looks even more impressive in Portuguese Wikipedia !

This guy was important to Rondonia State, and the North of Brazil. I live in Rio Grande do Sul State, in South, thats really far. So dont makes sense we learn about this man.

Anyway, how do u know about him?

Anyway, returning to the subject of the topic ...

More requests sports
1 - volleyball
2 - football
3 - basketball
4 - Artistic Gymnastics
5 - swimming
6 - athletics
7 - tennis
8 - Beach volleyball
9 - judo
10 -handball
Ranking of state for requests
1 - Rio de Janeiro (State of the Host City)
2 - São Paulo (Most populed state)
3 - Federal District (Richest "state", Capital do Brazil)
4 - Minas Gerais
5 - Amazon
6 - Bahia
7 - Paraná
8 - Rio Grande do Sul
9 - Espírito Santo
10 - Santa Catarina

This guy was important to Rondonia State, and the North of Brazil. I live in Rio Grande do Sul State, in South, thats really far. So dont makes sense we learn about this man.

Anyway, how do u know about him?

I saw a place called "Land of Rondon" on a map, and I wondered who or what Rondon was :D

I called Cosport yesterday. They told me we will receive the order form in early march.

By the way, I secured today my place to stay in Rio during the Games.

300m from a subway station and 300m from Copacabana beach for 110$CAN per night (better for me than London, Vancouver, Beijing, Sydney and Atlanta). Very happy for that.

Still no news from Cosport for Canadian resident.

I decided to change the place I will stay to be closer to a subway station (less than 100m from Siqueiros Campos station and also less than 150m from the Copacabana Beach). 170$CAD per night for a bed & breakfast. They charge for the Olympic exactelly double of the regular price.

Finally

Received today the GO from Cosport Canada to place our tickets request.

Asked single ticket for 37 events for a total of 7800$US

That's include 3 X Swimming Finals, 3 X Gymnastic Finals, 3 X Athletics Finals.

Those 9 tickets count for half of my total order in dollars (9 X 434$)

Happy to heard that we will have the result of our allocation in less than two weeks.

I know that I will probably not get everything, but I will have a chance to get some more in next phases.

(For the London Games, I didn't ask in phase one. Only in phase 3 and I got plenty of tickets for finals)

• Like 1

Geez, what did you request?

I did a 18 ticket request, 2 rowing finals, 2 rugby finals, 4 wrestling finals, 1 judo final and 9 preliminary sessions in water polo, basketball, field hockey and handball. Only 1800.

Total list :

Finals :

Athletics 3X

Gymnastic 3X

Swimming 3X

Canoe-Kayak Sprint 3X

Canoe-Kayak Slalom 1X

Weightlifting 1X

Equestrian Jumping 1X

Rowing 2x

Cycling Track 1X

Synchro Swimming 1X

Qualifications or preliminaries :

Basketball 2X

Volleyball 2X

Beach Volleyball 4X

Tennis 1X

WaterPolo 1X

Tennis 1X

Football 1X

Gymnastics 2X

Athletics 1X

Badminton 1X

Diving 2X

• Like 1

Very busy but :

I wil have free time to visit Corcovado and Pao de Acucar.

Will probably see the Cérémonies at the Heineken Holland House like I did in Beijing, Vancouver and London.

And make sure to visit German Fan Fest this time (missed it in London) plus the Tokyo 2020 Pavillon.

(we don't know yet the locations for those last three places but will find out eventually)

Very busy but :

I wil have free time to visit Corcovado and Pao de Acucar.

Will probably see the Cérémonies at the Heineken Holland House like I did in Beijing, Vancouver and London.

And make sure to visit German Fan Fest this time (missed it in London) plus the Tokyo 2020 Pavillon.

(we don't know yet the locations for those last three places but will find out eventually)

The places of Fan fest:

The politician said that Rio will feature three of these locations: One in Praça XV, in the center; another in Madureira Park, north; and one at the Sports Center Miécimo da Silva, the Campo Grande neighborhood in the west of the city.