Rio 2016 Tickets

wtf?

It is one of the few finals that a year out you can see that Canada has a decent chance to be playing for a medal.

From my experience in Vancouver, it isn't too difficult to find tickets and I find that team sports tend to be a lot better value than some of the marquee events and are easier to follow as a spectator.

going over my wish list and working out AU$ costs (subject to cosport 50% extra) and got to Volleyball. Australia might make it again and I have never been to it so checked out the prices.

Prelim A tickets BRL350 I can get Tennis Semi finals A tickets for less than that!

Its either a misprint or Volleyball is extremely popular in Brazil.

• 3 months later...

Rio 2016 Organising Committee reveals details of sales process for 7.5 million Olympic Games tickets

Sports fans around the world can now sign up to ensure they do not miss out on tickets for the first Olympic Games to be staged in South America. The Rio 2016 Organising Committee launched its ticket programme on Thursday (15 January), revealing more information about how the 7.5 million tickets will be sold.

“We will have a fair and transparent process, in line with the concept of ‘Games for All’, which is one of the pillars of Rio 2016,” said Rio 2016 Chief Commercial Officer Renato Ciuchini.

The first step for fans is to register on the Rio 2016 ticket web portal to ensure that they receive the latest information about tickets, the competition schedule and alerts for the key dates in the purchase process.

Residents of Brazil will be able to apply to buy tickets in two draws, first in March 2015, then in July 2015. For non-residents of Brazil, each country will have an authorised ticket reseller (ATR) selected by its National Olympic Committee and Rio 2016. The list of ATRs will be available at www.rio2016.com/tickets in March 2015, and will be sent to those who register for alerts. For full details of the ticket sales process, visit www.rio2016.com/tickets.

“Fans will experience this journey like an athlete, preparing and going through stages until the glory of arriving at the Games,” said Rio 2016 Ticketing Director Donovan Ferreti. “With so many attractions, it is necessary to get organised early to ensure you don’t miss the best of the event.”

To ensure that all sections of Brazilian society will be able to attend the Games, more than half of the tickets (3.8 million) will be available for R$70 (about US$27) or less, and the cheapest tickets will be R$40 (about US$15). There will also be some half-price tickets available to senior citizens, students and people with a disability, all of whom must have Brazilian residency. Price ranges (in Brazilian reals) for tickets to all sports and ceremonies are available here.

Ticket sales for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games will be conducted at a different time, with details to be announced in due course.

Rio2016

I called Cosport yesterday. They told me we will receive the order form in early march.

By the way, I secured today my place to stay in Rio during the Games.

300m from a subway station and 300m from Copacabana beach for 110$CAN per night (better for me than London, Vancouver, Beijing, Sydney and Atlanta). Very happy for that.

I called Cosport yesterday. They told me we will receive the order form in early march.

By the way, I secured today my place to stay in Rio during the Games.

300m from a subway station and 300m from Copacabana beach for 110$CAN per night (better for me than London, Vancouver, Beijing, Sydney and Atlanta). Very happy for that.

You'll be very well located buddy!

I made my register in the website and I'll be trying tickets for the Opening Ceremony and some basketball matches. I'll be happy to watch anything.

• Like 1

I made my register in the website and I'll be trying tickets for the Opening Ceremony and some basketball matches. I'll be happy to watch anything.

I don't know what the demand is like in Brazil, but I know from applying through the domestic process for London 2012, that I applied for about £2000 worth of tickets and only got about £200 worth. I mean, I'm glad I didn't win everything I applied for (!) but I was hoping for a bit more than that! Good luck anyway, but it could be that like me you end up scrambling through sites like Co-sport (ughhh) to pick up things you missed out on.

Edited by Rob.

I don't know what the demand is like in Brazil, but I know from applying through the domestic process for London 2012, that I applied for about £2000 worth of tickets and only got about £200 worth. I mean, I'm glad I didn't win everything I applied for (!) but I was hoping for a bit more than that! Good luck anyway, but it could be that like me you end up scrambling through sites like Co-sport (ughhh) to pick up things you missed out on.

Rob, the RIO-OCOG said it got already 6 million registrations in the first day... SInce there will be 7 million tickets, the demand will easily be far bigger than the offer.

We saw it during the World Cup, we will saw it again. Brazilians will pay to watch any sport at any venue...

I remember Platini saying he never imagined to witness a crowded stadium in a World Cup for a match like Nigeria vs. Iran...

It's a lifetime chance to join Olympic Games, Brazilians and South Americans will not disappoint again.

Domestic prices:

About prices, the most expensive ticket (excluding ceremony) is 400 euros for domestic audience (e.g. best seats for Athletics Super Final, Beach Volleyball finals and Volleyball finals)

The most expensive ticket is the ones for beast in the Opening Ceremony is 1500 euros.

The cheaper is 15 euros.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/olimpiadas/noticia/2014/09/confira-tabela-de-precos-do-rio-2016.html

Edited by DannyelBrazil

I went through the same thing with Vancouver. I applied for a whole boat load of tickets (multiple curling medal games, hockey medal games, figure skating finals) and only ended up getting the bronze medal curling game for the women officially. I had to go through a ticket broker and pay an insane amount of money above the asking price... but would I do it all over again? In a second! I'm glad to hear that Brazilians are embracing these games and going for the tickets. I just hope the tickets that go to the so called "Olympic Family" aren't wasted. This is a once and a lifetime chance for a Brazilians to see a games at home. I would love to go myself but I'm planning for New Zealand in 2016, the World Cup was well done, and I'm sure these will be a solid games. There's still not a moment to lose but it looks like things are coming together!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is there any list of official ATR already available ?

Especially the european ones ;-)

If not, please post any link when available for all ATRs we will find .....

Rio 2016 Olympic Games tickets: international sales companies to be confirmed on 31 March

Olympic Games fans who live outside of Brazil will be able to step closer to buying tickets for the Rio 2016 Games on 31 March 2015, when the list of confirmed authorised ticket resellers (ATRs) will be published. The names of the companies who have been approved to sell tickets for the first Olympic Games in South America will be available atwww. rio2016.com/spectators.

Each ATR will have its own sales process and fans should seek this information from the company that will sell tickets in their territory. Any ATRs who are approved after 31 March, will be added to the list subsequently.

Brazilian residents will be able to apply to buy tickets directly from the Rio 2016 Organising Committee on March 31, when registration for the first of two random draws will open.

In total, about 7.5 million tickets for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games will be put on sale. For full details of the ticket sales process, visit www.rio2016.com/tickets.

Information about ticket sales for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games will be announced by the end of June.

Rio2016

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets for Rio 2016 Olympic Games go on sale

The starting gun has been fired, the sale of tickets for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games has begun. From today, Brazilian residents will be able to apply for tickets in the first of two draws, while non-residents can find out who is the authorised ticket reseller (ATR) in their country.

The ATRs will be responsible for ticket sales in their territories. To find out who is the ATR in your region, click here www.rio2016.com/spectators. This webpage will also feature the ATR website checker – a window into which the public can copy the web address of any company offering Rio 2016 Olympic Games tickets, and then be told immediately if the company is an officially authorised reseller.

“Each ATR will have its own sales process and fans should seek this information from the company that will sell tickets in their territory,” said Rio 2016 Ticketing Director Donovan Ferreti. “Any ATRs who are approved after 31 March, will be added to the list subsequently.”

http://www.rio2016.com/en/news/news/tickets-for-rio-2016-olympic-games-go-on-sale

Rio 2016 has 1.2 million ticket requests

A week after starting the initial phase of ticket sales for the Olympic and Paralympic Games Rio 2016, the organization of the event already counts 1.2 million entries requests. In total, available sessions 42 700 sports competitions. Volleyball is the most popular sport, football leaving the second on the list. Rio de Janeiro was the state with the largest number of requests, followed by São Paulo and the Federal District.

Ranking of the most requested sports
1 Volleyball
2 Football
3 Basketball
4 Artistic Gymnastics
5 Swimming
6 Athletics
7 Shoes
8 Beach volleyball
9 Judo
10 Handball

"Sapatos" also means Tennis? Estou aprendendo português porque eu quero morar e trabalhar no Brasil.

Actually in French, Tennis (the sport) is Tennis but Tennis can also be a type of shoes, like sneakers.

Same in portuguese.

Usually (just sometimes) we use "sapatos" to female "shoes". So "sapatos" is like "high heels".