Sochi 2014 Commemorative Book?

SkiFreak

There were no spectator guides and even no Opening and Closing Ceremony Programmes - so I guess there won't be a Commemorative Book either

There were no spectator guides and even no Opening and Closing Ceremony Programmes - so I guess there won't be a Commemorative Book either

Its pretty poor really and a lost opportunity from the organising committee!

A friend, who attended the Games the first week told me so. No printed materials. No guides at the venues, no posters, not many pins and no ceremony program. All the spectators got was the LED Medal, the bag and the bilingual folder. In London it was worse enough to buy the Ceremony Program - but there were programs.... It's poor.

If I was a betting man, my guess is there won't be a commemorative book. I have the Calgary, Vancouver and London ones and they are all fantastic, but I have a feeling there won't be with these games, hopefully I'm wrong though!

If the recent pattern is followed, a volume of the Official Report will double as a Commemorative Book.

@ 4gamesandcountuning: I was told the same and the rest was ways too expensive. When I remember what Athens came up with - I spent hours in the store just looking... The same in Vancouver.

Such a shame. Hopefully rio will be a better experience. For sure Tokyo will do us proud :)

I have always been fascinated that you can find comprehensive DVD collections of the most obscure TV sitcom from the 60s or 70s, and that there is no way to get a comprehensive reference collection of DVD/Blu Rays for the Olympic Games and their ceremonies.

I have always been fascinated that you can find comprehensive DVD collections of the most obscure TV sitcom from the 60s or 70s, and that there is no way to get a comprehensive reference collection of DVD/Blu Rays for the Olympic Games and their ceremonies.

Athens and Beijing were packaged for DVD sale but in their home countries -- so the commentary was in the native tongues I just think the IOC isn't aware that there would a strong market for the DVDs of just the ceremonies and/or signing up with distributors. The other thing too, are the rights to the images and to the music used. All of that has to be cleared for DVD sale; so that just adds another layer of complications and costs.

Probably in Russia. Or NBC might offer it. The IOC itself doesn't seem to want to get involved in retail dealings.

The IOC really need to look at developing their retail presence. They could make a lot of money out of that. I for one would be interested!

Archived