GamesBids' Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice to see a closing ceremony which does not degenerate in a soulless pop music "let's party now" concert.

PLEASE don't burn any doves!

BBC just flashed back to Misha's closing tear at Moscow 1980.

Indeed, I think anyone under 40 or not a real Olympic fan wouldn't have got the refeerence. I think it's fair enough the BBC showed that.

Really? It was a bit of nostalgia which worked. Russians were indeed sad when the 1980 Games were over and indeed this part was clearly meant to invoke that feeling. Not to mention that those mascot floats were clearly costly, so they had to get their money's worth out of them.

i still loath the animatornic mascot. even with or with out the misha bit, i would still say it's the worst bit.

Beijing's and London's were worse. This was just tame and reserved, like Yuna Kim's performance.

London's was indeed a shame. I would have loved to have seen that double decker bus actually head to a "destination". That destination being London's Chinatown, which would have had dancing dragons and such. Would have flowed the handover to the next segment.

Vancouver's handover sucked too.

I thot that was quite good actually; what with the ice cracking. It's just hard to do big, overwhelming Handovers in the Open Air arenas -- altho Torino's in Salt Lake was quite good and very cinematic. But then Rice-Eccles' infield was a smallish one.

Channel 10/1 Australia only had one one min add break for both Opening and Closing Ceremony very great also when on Channel 9 Australia with Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 it was the same thing as well, Beijing 2008 on Channel 7 Australia had 1 add break at the Opening Ceremony and 4 for the closing ceremony.

I can see now where the networks edit the coverage. Like I could've done w/o Cherneyenko's RUssian parts of his speech. Didn't really mean anything to me -- so just a waste of my time. And those recap filmclip fillers -- too much.

Was that Putin w/ his new BF in their seats? Johnny Weir should've been seated beside him. :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

I thot that was quite good actually; what with the ice cracking. It's just hard to do big, overwhelming Handovers in the Open Air arenas -- altho Torino's in Salt Lake was quite good and very cinematic. But then Rice-Eccles' infield was a smallish one.

Sydney's is still the best, in a rather dull Atlanta 1996 Closing Ceremony.

• Like 1