GamesBids' Sochi 2014 Closing Ceremony Live Chat

The way they extinguished the cauldron was fairly similar to Athens, someone blew it out, the soul of the flame is kept. And that indoor cauldron just looked so much like Vancouvers.

But overall, I loved it. It was a beautiful ceremony. Well done to sochi!

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice to see a closing ceremony which does not degenerate in a soulless pop music "let's party now" concert.

PLEASE don't burn any doves!

reaction

good bits:

lubov is back (nice continuity)

the rings(love the funny vancouver they did there)

mostly evrything

meh bits:

the hand over

worst bits:

the puppets (the bear is recalling the ballon indecent his dad had in 1980 WTF, still creepy as hell. the tear did not help)

the pole things was useless

reaction

good bits:

lubov is back (nice continuity)

the rings(love the funny vancouver they did there)

mostly evrything

meh bits:

the hand over

worst bits:

the puppets (the bear is recalling the ballon indecent his dad had in 1980 WTF, still creepy as hell. the tear did not help)

the pole things was useless

Really? It was a bit of nostalgia which worked. Russians were indeed sad when the 1980 Games were over and indeed this part was clearly meant to invoke that feeling. Not to mention that those mascot floats were clearly costly, so they had to get their money's worth out of them.

Came in late -- at the piano number. I thot the Books/Writers and Circus numbers were good. PC Handover was OK; it could've been worse. They just didn't bring a whole army over like Delhi did in Melbourne 2006 with an army of over 250 people.

I like the mirrors and the golden, I guess, birch branches. But wouldn't the birch trees be from farther north? I didn't see too many of those in the forests of the area.

The hanging poles were meant to dress up that vast dark space -- otherwise it would be just too cavernous. However, I would've used icicles and stalagmites; but again, they didn't ask me.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Athens did it too. I think Bear should've inhaled the flames to be different and then explode. :lol:

The bear should have inhaled them flames, boosted upwards like a rocket, destroyed the roof, allow for the audience to clearly see the fireworks display and therefore preventing and ceiling based effects to be used during the Paralympic ceremonies. :P