can the olympic movement become become unneccessary?

zigzag

yesterday my school give me a interesting test responding to one of the answer i found this that it claims that any sports events will become unneccessary and reading further i found that it will unneccessary due of economic crisis so my question is can the olympic movement become unneccessary to do this you can say or discuss any threat that can make this a real thing.....

yesterday my school give me a interesting test responding to one of the answer i found this that it claims that any sports events will become unneccessary and reading further i found that it will unneccessary due of economic crisis so my question is can the olympic movement become unneccessary to do this you can say or discuss any threat that can make this a real thing.....

maybe if you don't understand what i mean let me say that can the olympic movement become unneeded or will be considered as useless (although i believe any the olympic movement or any sports is usefull) and remember that we can discuss any threat to the olympic movement here....

Like any business, as long as the interest is there from sponsors and television and cities willing to stage the Games the Movement will remain. And I believe they will as long as the movement doesn't stray from it's core principles. It is one of the world's most recognizable brands with over a century of tradition behind it, which is one of the reasons that the Goodwill Games were not a long term success--they had the same athletes, and same sports...but they lacked magic of the five rings.

If there is any threat, I'd say it is the financial burden on cities simply just to bid for the games, let alone host them. This can be seen in the recent departures of some otherwise viable candidacies for the Games. I believe the IOC has taken notice and will adjust the procedures accordingly. Institutions seldom survive over a century without making changes when necessary.

The Olympic movement has survived terrorist attacks, boycotts, financial crises, political protests, and more. There have been times in the past where people were concerned about the future of the Olympics. That we're asking the same question now is nothing new. There are concerns out there, most of them financial, but like BTH said, I think the backing of certain sponsors and TV networks will ensure that, for now, the Olympics are just fine. So long as there is sport, there will be an Olympics.

The Olympics have always been unnecessary.

I think the real question is whether punctuation has become unnecessary.

Oh no, punctuation remains very necessary, it just seems like it's out of fashion these days along with proper spelling and grammar. I don't think I can blame this OP for that since English is clearly not his first language, although I think a more proper thread title here would be "Will the Olympic movement die out." As to which the answer to that question is 'not anytime soon'

Ooh wait, I've got a good thought.. if the Olympics ceased to exist, would this forum become unnecessary. Or would posters still present their bid books and logos for an event that no longer exists?!

maybe the contest still on so does the forum itself but i'm afraid it will be a football oriented forum with world cup bid events and a euro cup logo contest with olympic sub forums became football leagues sub forums with this forum will renamed as the forums of footballs.com????

Archived