Petition

Scotguy

As many members on the forums here know, having a major sporting event in your home city is an honour and causes much excitement.

For a couple of years now I have been asking the MOD of the forum to make a separate sub-forum for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games. All of my numerous requests have all been ignored, and now with the games only 5 Months away I have decided to try a new avenue. I will start by adding my name to the petition below

If you support me then please add your name to the statement of the petition. I appreciate your help.

We, the members of Gamesbids Forum, call upon the Moderator to establish a separate sub-forum for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Scotguy

I think it's fine the way it is...but I'll support.

When the games are almost apon us, maybe after Easter, then MOD can split off a full Glagow 2014 setup as per when an Olympics is in situ. As much as the twenty or so core group of us are wait in anticipation of these redemption games, there are a thousand other members who really don't care...They don't live in the Commonwealth, ie, USA.

Remembering this IS an Olympic Games site and it was only in 2005ish that the Commonwealth Games page was created under the Other International Games section. Which then grew requests for Asian, Pan Ams, and Fifa WC to have their own pages as a quick go to for those interested.

Still...no harm in asking.

:)

We, the members of Gamesbids Forum, call upon the Moderator to establish a separate thread for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Scotguy

Sir Rols

Intoronto

olympicsfan97

micheal_warren

alexjc

Tony E Loves Architecture

I don't think the Delhi subforum was created until shortly before the Games and I suspect the mod is still in Sochi right now.

Fact of the matter is, this in an Olympic forum and the CWG are only going to be of interest to the minority. I'll add my support for a subforum next time the forum is reorganised. I'm gussing that won't be too long after Sochi.

In the meantime, there's not necessarily any need to keep everything inside the current Glasgow thread. Start new threads on sports/venues/the look/whatever in the current directory until the mod gets round to creating a new subforum.

In the end, it's Scotguy getting excited...This IS a big deal for him and Scotland. :)

As mentioned, Mod is in Sochi mode at the moment and I'm sure they will put something up in short time.

so the MOD has just been on this thread and has deleted some of the comments, mainly the argument between certain two members.

So having seen the thread I would have expected an official response to my request, but yet again ignored.

My vote of no confidence against the MOD a few weeks ago was obviously justified.

All I am asking for is a yes or no or here is the plan/timeframe or process for a separate sub-forum.

If I am not able to get a respectful answer after the petition is submitted and by the end of the month then I will have no choice but to protest.

Woah, there should be a forum, but not till after Sochi. As Rob says, the board will probably be reshuffled again, I imagine it'll include Glasgow getting its subforum, & possibly London going read-only (:(), maybe a Tokyo 2020 subforum too. I'm sure the mod isn't anti-Scottish, he will have done this kind of thing many times before, he knows what he's doing I'm sure :)

That said, if a Glasgow forum isn't in the next reshuffle, you probably will have the right to kick a stink up :lol:

All i want to know is will there be a sub-forum thread for the glasgow 2014 games. if yes, when would it be most likley and if no, then i can join another site that will.

I am not asking for much, just an answer. Would be easier getting military secrets from North Korea.

Will be at the games, both ceremonies, sports and the general atmosphere so will be posting a lot of info, poster etc. if there is no sub-forum, then i will post these elsewhere and not on Gamesbids.

Make sure it's below Tony though!!

OK.

So this should be the newest and alright.

Scotguy

Sir Rols

Intoronto

olympicsfan97

micheal_warren

alexjc

Tony E Loves Architecture

Palette86

Good luck! ;)

BTW,rols mentinoed about status updates have been becoming featureless(especially soon after Sochi ceremony.as far as I can remember) because of "tweetlike posts" and I plan to have another petition for this.

All i want to know is will there be a sub-forum thread for the glasgow 2014 games. if yes, when would it be most likley and if no, then i can join another site that will.

I am not asking for much, just an answer. Would be easier getting military secrets from North Korea.

Will be at the games, both ceremonies, sports and the general atmosphere so will be posting a lot of info, poster etc. if there is no sub-forum, then i will post these elsewhere and not on Gamesbids.

What a silly sulking behaviour. If I were the mod, I wouldn't succumb to such kind of blackmailing.

Archived