England at 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can start with some "surreal" news articles from British Media...

English supporters will face tarantulas, scorpions, snakes and venomous insects at football world cup stadium in Brazilian jungle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520197/World-Cup-2013-England-supporters-face-tarantulas-scorpions-snakes-Brazil.html

England fans travelling to the first match of next year's World Cup are going to face an army of dangerous creepy-crawlies when they arrive.

Cobras, scorpions, and tarantulas are all found in the tropical city of Manaus, while the NHS has also warned against the risk of catching rabies from stray dogs.

Roy Hodgson has also voiced concerns about how players will cope in the heat, which averages around 32C (90F) with humidity above 80 per cent.

From now on, World Cup can be played in countries that have similar humidity to Europe? Or in cities not near of a forest jungle because tarantulas and anacondas can invade the stadium and eat innocent British supporters... <_<

Danny, the British press (with some honourable exceptions) is one of the most xenophobic setups you'll ever come across. It's not just Brazil, but other countries too, for example Canada got some terrible treatment (some deserved, some just spiteful) in the leadup to Vancouver 2010. In particular, don't believe anything you see in the Mail or the Express, I wouldn't believe them if they told me the date :lol: Just remember (or at least try to think) those parts of our press don't truly represent us, we're not all like that & many of us (including myself) just want Brazil to do what they need to & stage a great World Cup in summer, & a great Olympics in 2016.

Danny can't handle that Brazil have had problems in the Build up, with major delays and workers dieing, so he takes it out on the press. No press is perfect, but no press is always 100 per cent wrong. If the media said something good about Brazil, would you still call them wrong, so you contradict yourself Danny. British media is not perfect, I admit, but NO media is perfect. They all lie, and they all have some true stories. This argument is going to go round and round in circles.

OK, let's not have another boring thread about the British press...Back on topic...

World Cup: England manager Roy Hodgson backs Brazil's venues to be ready in time

Roy Hodgson is not shy to state that he is dreaming of winning the World Cup with England in Brazil this summer.

Hodgson's side face Italy in their opening Group D game at the Arena Amazonia, where humidity levels can hit over 95 per cent.

The Three Lions boss is on a fact-finding mission in Manaus in preparation for the tournament.

With England also due to face Uruguay in Sao Paulo and Costa Rica in Belo Horizonte, the 66-year-old has already been dreaming of winning the competition.

"We football people, I suppose we deal to some extent in dreams," Hodgson told Sky Sports. "It would be foolish I think if you were too pragmatic or too bogged down by the reality of the situation.

"When you put your head down on the pillow at night, you image your team getting the greater success, playing very well and coming back as heroes otherwise it would become a very, very boring exercise.

"It's hot here, but the World Cups are played during the summer. It was hot in South Africa, it was very hot in the USA in 1994, it will be hot here too, but this is something that happens."

With workers still putting the finishing touches to the 42,000-capacity stadium, FIFA are due to announce whether Curitiba in southern Brazil will stay in the tournament.

If not, eight teams - including holders Spain - could have to have their schedule altered, but Hodgson says if that did happen, it would not cause any major disruptions.

"If you were forced into a last minute change, I'm pretty sure it won't cause any major disruptions," he added. "But I hope Curitiba, like all the other stadiums will be ready in time."

http://www1.skysports.com/FIFA-World-Cup-2014/news/12016/9171859/world-cup-england-manager-roy-hodgson-backs-brazils-venues-to-be-ready-in-time

Danny can't handle that Brazil have had problems in the Build up, with major delays and workers dieing, so he takes it out on the press. No press is perfect, but no press is always 100 per cent wrong. If the media said something good about Brazil, would you still call them wrong, so you contradict yourself Danny. British media is not perfect, I admit, but NO media is perfect. They all lie, and they all have some true stories. This argument is going to go round and round in circles.

There isn't any good news from British press over Brazil and World Cup for the last 4 years...

I can handle with the lot of problems of my country, you can't handle the fact the press of your country kills princesses and support pedophile journalists...

It's the only thing I really dislike in UK. How can a great great country have a so nasty press...

As Rob said, this is a over discussed subject

There isn't any good news from British press over Brazil and World Cup for the last 4 years...

I can handle with the lot of problems of my country, you can't handle the fact the press of your country kills princesses and support pedophile journalists...

It's the only thing I really dislike in UK. How can a great great country have a so nasty press...

As Rob said, this is a over discussed subject

Your taking it too far now. British press is far from perfect, but so is everybody's. This discussion is going in a circle, so I'm out. I've made my point, you have made yours. Let's agree to disagree.

Roy Hodgson touring Arena Amazonia in Manaus - http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2014/feb/17/amazonia-manaus-stadium-england-world-cup-video - Source: The Guardian.

"It's hot here, but the World Cups are played during the summer. It was hot in South Africa, it was very hot in the USA in 1994, it will be hot here too, but this is something that happens."

I don't know what he is saying but no, it wasn't hot in South Africa's winter. The only moderately warm city was Durban, otherwise it was one of the coolest World Cups ever.

Your taking it too far now. British press is far from perfect, but so is everybody's. This discussion is going in a circle, so I'm out. I've made my point, you have made yours. Let's agree to disagree.

Sorry, Tony, the press in Brazil have a lot of problems, specially, political ones. I work for Brazilian media and I know it very well... But in comparision to England... Gosh, it's an abyss... Our media don't commit such surreal inaccuracy like British does so often, specially about themes/countries British journalists doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

And I didn't took anything too far. As much as Brazilians died in the works for the World Cup, Princess Diana died because of British press, and BBC have a lot to explain about the pedophile journalist.

All are sad events... And **** happens in Brazil, in England and everywhere.

I don't want you to agree with me... Actually, I wouldn't expect this from someone like you...

At least, I'm not the most "blinded-patriot" in the GamesBids anymore, by far...

From the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/18/england-manager-roy-hodgson-fan-safety-brazil

England manager Roy Hodgson admits concerns over fans' safety in Brazil

If Brazil is such a terrible place, why England does not boycott the World Cup for the god sake?

<_<

Sorry, Tony, the press in Brazil have a lot of problems, specially, political ones. I work for Brazilian media and I know it very well... But in comparision to England... Gosh, it's an abyss... Our media don't commit such surreal inaccuracy like British does so often, specially about themes/countries British journalists doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

And I didn't took anything too far. As much as Brazilians died in the works for the World Cup, Princess Diana died because of British press, and BBC have a lot to explain about the pedophile journalist.

All are sad events... And **** happens in Brazil, in England and everywhere.

I don't want you to agree with me... Actually, I wouldn't expect this from someone like you...

At least, I'm not the most "blinded-patriot" in the GamesBids anymore, by far...

Oh please. Brazilian Media is as bad as any other. Your trying to hide the fact that in this case, the Media are reporting the truth, MOST of the time, with delays and workers dieing.

From the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/18/england-manager-roy-hodgson-fan-safety-brazil

If Brazil is such a terrible place, why England does not boycott the World Cup for the god sake?

<_<

They most certainly will lose anyway as usual, So anything that can justify their performance will be thrown in.

Oh please. Brazilian Media is as bad as any other. Your trying to hide the fact that in this case, the Media are reporting the truth, MOST of the time, with delays and workers dieing.

Are you an idiot?

I already proved several times the inaccuracy of English media with WRONG information.

I did not casted any post saying the British media would be lying about the death of workers in the stadium: AGAIN, MY IMMATURE BUDDY, quote any post I made about it.

You simply can not.

Inaccuracy <---- that's my point. The British media have been biased against Brazil because of FIFA and the scandal that prevented England to host the World Cup.

Tony, you must work as journalist in England. You are as blind as some journalist of BBC or any other bombastic British tabloid (BTW, we don't have this kind of stupid press here).

Go write some bullshit and earn money with them...

They most certainly will lose anyway as usual, So anything that can justify their performance will be thrown in.

In fact, despite of Tony, I hope England to advance to Round of 16, at least.

I only hope Hooligans be nice and stay in England instead of causing trouble here.

From the Guardian

<_<

Maybe this is the right time to put it -- esp. for Danny. I read Doug Jack's THE BACK SIDE OF WONDERFUL a few weeks ago. Jack has been the choreographer for like 7 Olympic ceremonies, 2 CWGs, and the PanAms in Rio in 2007. He put in like an intense 9 months of his life to bring his experience to the Rio 2007 ceremonies. And then there was the local football team rivalry which, because they were denied use of Maracana like 3 weeks before the Games, and lost at another venue, found Doug Jack's info online; and the fans of the losing team collectively blamed Doug Jack -- and sent him non-stop death threats on his email. He was forced to leave Brazil en seguida and incognito.

I excerpt 2 paragraphs from Jack's book (from pages 267-8):

"I have never in my life come across hate like this or in any fashion and even though I understand that it is misdirected hate and not fair, the wounds inflicted are very deep...

The Organizing Committee and my producers tell me they cannot protect me; I could not even walk to the corner store for fear of being a victim of fan violence. I make the hardest choice I ever had to make in my life. I have carried this Ceremony, for almost nine months. I fought creatively with my entire being for what I knew would make a great show. I ate, slept and breathed the Pan-American Games Opening and CLosing Ceremonies.

I could not even say goodbye to my beloved cast. My retreat is to be silent and quick, for reasons of my safety, and for the morale of the show. I took a flight home as a nameless person in a business class seat that offered no comfort, leaving behind the hopes and love that I had created with these people."

That's unfair and unofficial. Why the negative attitude. Anyway, in the 2010 World Cup, no one can argue that Lampard's was a goal.

Archived