Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Doping...

The flood gates have opened a bit in terms of the number of positive tests.

5 positives, but 4 are for the known contaminant Methylhexhanamine.

Basically, everyone who gets caught for this stimulant will use the "vitamin", "sports gel" "energy bar" defence, cause it's known to be a contaminant in some of these products without being on the label. So as an athlete you can try to prove that it was a mistake as the cyclist Rui Costa succesfully did, but that will certainly take some effort and hard evidence.

Many athletes might use this stimulant for its performance enhancing effect, we simply don't know, or they were just stupid and unlucky. It's just hard to believe that so many pros would be that careless. Use "safe" vitamins/proteins for god's sake...,

Getting busted on EPO is a wildly different animal. Then you're a blood doper and you know the tricks. In my opinion, there's no reason at all to let people caught for EPO or other forms of blood doping back to sports. If it's unquestionable, it should be a ban for life.

• Like 1

Catching someone that does EPO during the games is indeed a pretty big catch. Glad they got to him before he won any race, he didn't need a new Muhlegg.

Edited by Fox334

Kristin Stormer Steira will take 2 bronze medals do to the disqualification.

Its great that Kristin was able to get bronze individual in Sochi. She had a lot of 4th places in OG and no medal untill this 30km. Fact that only doping of Smigun made her unable to stand on podium could be dramatic.

Backstrom will get his silver medal in men's hockey because he was found to not be responsible.

Trailing winners Tina Maze and Dominique Gisin by 1.25 seconds, Goergl finished 16th in the race that started at 11 a.m. Wednesday.

"At 11 last night the doping officials were with me," Goergl told Austrian TV. "I think that's not very fair. I told them it's not OK what they were doing."

Trailing winners Tina Maze and Dominique Gisin by 1.25 seconds, Goergl finished 16th in the race that started at 11 a.m. Wednesday.

"At 11 last night the doping officials were with me," Goergl told Austrian TV. "I think that's not very fair. I told them it's not OK what they were doing."

What was the eventual outcome of Austria's complaint about that potentially detrimental timing?

According to the report Alexander Legkov, the two and four man bob teams lead by Alexandr Zubkov and Alexander Tretiakov are the gold medalists that where allegedly doping. The report also alleges the entire cross country team and the entire women's ice hockey team was doping.

According to the report Alexander Legkov, the two and four man bob teams lead by Alexandr Zubkov and Alexander Tretiakov are the gold medalists that where allegedly doping. The report also alleges the entire cross country team and the entire women's ice hockey team was doping.

I mean we all suspected there was substantial doping going on. Look at Russia's progressive decline then miraculous performance in Sochi.

• Like 2

If only the entire team could be banned from Rio...but that's not going to happen sadly.

Like at least in indoor volleyball, doping has never been a big issue because the teams are big enough (12 each) to have subs that success doesn't depend on ONE or 2 star players. And the men's and women's Russian teams to have qualified honestly on their own.