Sign in to follow this  
intoronto

Speed Skating

Michel Mulder- Gold, Jan Smeekens -Silver, and Mulder's twin brother Ronald got the bronze.

Defending Olympic champion Mo Tae-bum from S. Korea was fourth.

BgIHy_uCAAAG7vp.jpg

You know, the Netherlands' best chance at sweeping the podium was the men's 10000m...

Michel Mulder- Gold, Jan Smeekens -Silver, and Mulder's twin brother Ronald got the bronze.

fox finished just outside the medals.

Well it took 4 days and 3 disappoints but Korea finally has her first medal. Lee Sang-Hwa sets an Olympic record with gold in the 500 metre long track. Netherlands takes another medal, a bronze.

Wow, this sibling thing is getting infectious. First you had 2 of the Le Pointe sisters in moguls?? Now the Mulder twins. I hope the Shibutanis or the Reeds in Ice Dancing can also medal.

Netherlands has won 12 of the 18 medals awarded in speed skating. No other country has yet won more than 2 medals.

In contrast, Netherlands won only 7 out of 36 speed skating medals in Vancouver.

Wouldn't it be something to see Netherlands hit 20 medals, something usually only been done by the winter powers.

And when a country gains, others must lose. The Canadians, Americans, Koreans and Japanese seem to have lost their medals at the expense of the Dutch.

Wouldn't it be something to see Netherlands hit 20 medals, something usually only been done by the winter powers.

And when a country gains, others must lose. The Canadians, Americans, Koreans and Japanese seem to have lost their medals at the expense of the Dutch.

Not to forget the Germans...if lucky, Pechstein over 5000 will be our only medal.

Ok ok the Germans too. The Dutch have conquered all of the bigger nations on ice and are now set for world domination on land. ;)

The Dutch just swept the men's 500m an event they have never won !!

Sven Kramer won this event in Vancouver

We got cheated out of a Silver Medal yesterday. It was the Italian Speed Skaters fault that they fell! We should have a Bronze and Silver on the Medal Table!

We got cheated out of a Silver Medal yesterday. It was the Italian Speed Skaters fault that they fell! We should have a Bronze and Silver on the Medal Table!

Other than being totally wrong and posting in the wrong topic, outstanding post!

Nope. Christie tried a pass where there was no space. She caused the crash.

Also, wrong sport.

Edited by Fox334

Nope. Christie tried a pass where there was no space. She caused the crash.

Also, wrong sport.

Oops. Wrong Topic. Accident. Even the pundits said we were cheated. Italian should be disqualified, not ours. We won silver fair and square.

Oops. Wrong Topic. Accident. Even the pundits said we were cheated. Italian should be disqualified, not ours. We won silver fair and square.

Clearly the Britons at fault there. Check you biases at the door please Tony

Clearly the Britons at fault there. Check you biases at the door please Tony

I'm not being bias. I've seen it 5 times on replay, it was the Italians fault. Like I said, let's agree to disagree, I'm not changing my view, your not changing yours.