Sign in to follow this  
Gangwon

Freestyle Skiing

Mens moguls qualification is currently underway. Alex Bilodeau and Mikael Kingsbury looking great early on, as expected. But how about Korean Choi Jae-Woo, 19 years old and coached by Toby Dawson, shows great promise for 2018 with a 21.90 score.

Canada has one kick-ass freestyle team. You really have to build a lot of depth to be successful as a team because of the haphazard nature of the disciplines. I hope whoever is running that program is getting seriously paid.

• Like 1

Good point about depth. I think both Canadians and Americans can be pleased with their freestyle culture, ski and snowboard.

Fairly surprising win by Tsuper in the women's aerials today. Belarus aerialists have a knack for stepping up their game at the big moments. I love that Lassila went for the hardest jump by far in the finals. She came fairly close to landing it, I'm not quite sure what to think about the new competition format. In a way I like the concept because it brings a more strategy into play, but I'm not a huge fan of just 4 finalists. Maybe 5 would be better.

I think both Canadians and Americans can be pleased with their freestyle culture, ski and snowboard.

Yeah, It was a point I made in the Aussie team thread - I was comforted, even if we haven't cracked the gold medals this time around, that Oz has done well in the depth of our team also and it struck me when they were doing our team bios just how many of them were from beach suburbs and coastal towns around the east coast - if they're not living in Utah or Colorado now, that is. We may have no snow to speak of, but we do have a good pool from our surf and sk8 culrure to recruit from.

Australia has indeed done a stellar job building up depth. Now it isn't a shock to see Australians win medals at winter games - heck, it isn't even a novelty anymore. Its something you expect because they have multiple athletes that can win medals.

• Like 1

you are not seriously suggesting that they get rid of the single best sport in either olympiad, are you? this is how they get the kids into the olympics, by adding cool sports.

YOU ARE OLD AND NEAR DEATH AND IT IS ALL ABOUT SKI CROSS.

you are not seriously suggesting that they get rid of the single best sport in either olympiad, are you? this is how they get the kids into the olympics, by adding cool sports.

YOU ARE OLD AND NEAR DEATH AND IT IS ALL ABOUT SKI CROSS.

IDIOT. I actually like the Snowboard Cross or whatever that's called!! :P