First Annual GamesBids Olympic Host Contest

Me too. I'll start a proper Winter Olympics one during the Easter break.

Fine you take it. If i have to deal with dillusional fools who think 1. Boston could host the Winter Games and 2. That a multi state bid would win, I want out. Although I would like to host the summer edition at some point ;)

Boston does have mountains. New Hampshire, Western Massachusetts, and Vermont all are a part of the Appalachian Mountains...

I understand, but it's not feasible, especially when you have far more capable cities such as Salt Lake, Anchorage, and Denver all of which are ideal host and have at one time or another won the games, or were the USOC's candidate city. The IOC also strongly dislikes inner-state bids because of travel times, and once again why pick a city who will need two hours or so to reach the Mountain venues when there are three other 'winter' cities that can reach theirs in 15 to 20 minutes? Boston will never host the Winter Games and if they host the Summer Games I will be shocked.

Fine you take it. If i have to deal with dillusional fools who think 1. Boston could host the Winter Games and 2. That a multi state bid would win, I want out. Although I would like to host the summer edition at some point ;)

I understand, but it's not feasible, especially when you have far more capable cities such as Salt Lake, Anchorage, and Denver all of which are ideal host and have at one time or another won the games, or were the USOC's candidate city. The IOC also strongly dislikes inner-state bids because of travel times, and once again why pick a city who will need two hours or so to reach the Mountain venues when there are three other 'winter' cities that can reach theirs in 15 to 20 minutes? Boston will never host the Winter Games and if they host the Summer Games I will be shocked.

Why can't you just let me put together a bid? It's only a game, and it would be feasible.

Why can't you just let me put together a bid? It's only a game, and it would be feasible.

Look I'm sorry, I said many times that you could all choose from three cities that I would choose. I also said that the cities would be picked from the 2022 cities; none of which are American. The cities were going to be: Stockholm, Munich, and Krakow. Anyways, maybe you can do a Boston/American East Coast bid when Lord David hosts this at Easter; this competition is over.

this competition was too big furthermore just next after the annual logo competitio.Why not go for something smaller in scale such as RIO TORCH DESIGN COMPETITION or 2020 TOKYO PICTOGRAMS DESIGN?

The Rio Torch one would be good. But better do it soon because Rio might unveil the real design maybe by this summer when the World Cup there ends.

The Pictograms contest is too ambitious and yet too constrained. I'd suggest against trying that one.

• 2 weeks later...

How about, a contest for the host city of the 2022 Summer YOG? it'll be nice for the economically-troubled cities. It goes in the same phases the IOC has established (Applicant>Candidate>Host)

How about, a contest for the host city of the 2022 Summer YOG? it'll be nice for the economically-troubled cities. It goes in the same phases the IOC has established (Applicant>Candidate>Host)

Would not be popular, especially when we could do a Winter Games bid contest.

Archived