Sign in to follow this  
FiveRingFever

Cross Country

First Gold for Finland in 12 years. The Germans and Russians can go cry over their combined 47 gold in that time.

Amazing how far Finland has fallen. One gold in three winter Olympics... still, good to finally see that sad streak end :)

First Gold for Finland in 12 years. The Germans and Russians can go cry over their combined 47 gold in that time.

What does medal count have to do with it? I'm sure the athletes involved are heartbroken, Well, at least the Germans.

What does medal count have to do with it? I'm sure the athletes involved are heartbroken, Well, at least the Germans.

They were very frustrated, to say the least.

I think that if it wasn't for Finland winning the gold, the officials would have DQed them. If that had been in the heats, Finland would have had the sh!t DQed out of them.

I think that if it wasn't for Finland winning the gold, the officials would have DQed them. If that had been in the heats, Finland would have had the sh!t DQed out of them.

I don't think Finland deserved to be dq'd. Both tried to go into the same lane and the Finnish guy was ahead. There was no malice intended (unless there is a rule against this).

I think the commentator said it was impeding that affected the results of the race.

Edited by faster