TEN's coverage of Sochi

Brekkie Boy

No, I'm with you on that. Sorta like the no advertising in the stadiums, it's part of the prestige branding that sets the Olympics apart from the other major sports events.

The way the IOC has resisted advertising in venues is great, its why we can have the amazing look programs we do, i really do hope this never ever changes. It will be a sad day if it ever does.

That said it is a bit scary, on some telecasts of the sochi olympic park you can see the Bolshoi Venue's roof leds scrolling through the logos of the international olympic partners. I wish these led's were showing the sochi look instead, but its a foot in the door that I have not really seen until now.

That said it is a bit scary, on some telecasts of the sochi olympic park you can see the Bolshoi Venue's roof leds scrolling through the logos of the international olympic partners. I wish these led's were showing the sochi look instead, but its a foot in the door that I have not really seen until now.

jwd9.png

Thank God you saw that too! I mentioned it here on the board and no-one else had. I haven't noticed it lately though - just on one of the earlier nights. I agree, that would be a sad route for the IOC to go towards, whether it's LED and temporary or not.

Anyway,

Was just watching the full telecast of the halfpipe final. There was a great line from one of the presenters when Kelly Clark fell in her first run in the final: "That's come apart faster than Justin Bieber's career!". I laughed out loud.

Would love Channel 10 to have the broadcasting rights for the next 3 olympics. Or Channel 7.

Can't stand Eddie McGuire at all. Although having Karl Stefanovic would add some humour.

I'm very much liking the Channel 10 commentators. Mark Howard and Michael Kennedy are doing a great job on the commentating of the skiing, snowboarding etc.

Also enjoying Brad McEwan but not Bradbury and Mel Mclaughlin.

Channel 10 listened to me! Apparently high demand for curling has been coming through via people online and they are showing some now!

Unfortunately in Canada we don't get to experience the novelty of curling since it's on tv so damn often here. For me I really only watch the Canadian games very nervously, but other games that don't have Canadian implications are just plain boring.

Channel 10 over hyping again. Saying that Torah is a real chance in the snowboard yet she barely has a good ranking and came 3rd last in the seeding rounds. Then they go and show her footage at the end instead of Belle Brockhoff who came in 7th.

I'd be very surprised if Torah even made the finals.

Got another great surprise last night when the boardcross was cancelled - Roy and HG were actually funny! Back to their old ways with a great call of the figure skating and bagging out on Chumpy (and his music). Welcome return back to some form!

Yeah it has been getting better.