CBC's Coverage

SkiFreak

But it's the Paralympics, not to mention the Winter Paralympics. Not exactly a hot seller in North America on tv.

That's their excuse from delaying the Opening Ceremony from 11am ET to 2pm ET? I'm sure there's a reason for it, much like there are reasons behind NBC's motive, but I guess I'm missing something here. But again, if NBC (or NBCSN) were doing this, people would be ripping them to shreds for it, mostly for the sake of bitching about coverage, as if they give a crap about the Paralympics.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's their excuse from delaying the Opening Ceremony from 11am ET to 2pm ET? I'm sure there's a reason for it, much like there are reasons behind NBC's motive, but I guess I'm missing something here. But again, if NBC (or NBCSN) were doing this, people would be ripping them to shreds for it, mostly for the sake of bitching about coverage, as if they give a crap about the Paralympics.

CBC is airing a full 3-hour block for the OC/CC and 30 hours of sports for the Paralympics. Not bad for a publicly funded/free channel. That's all I'm saying.

How many hours does NBC have excluding NBCSN? (serious question, just curious)

CBC is airing a full 3-hour block for the OC/CC and 30 hours of sports for the Paralympics. Not bad for a publicly funded/free channel. That's all I'm saying.

How many hours does NBC have excluding NBCSN? (serious question, just curious)

I believe it's 48 hours on NBCSN, 4 hours on NBC

Going back to the gold medal hockey final against Sweden:

CBC reports that 15 million Canadians watched part of the match, with an average audience of 8.5 million.

As expected, it wasn't even close to the record in 2010 (26.5 million watched part of the match, with an average audience of 16.6 million).

As expected, CBC's using the same studio/intro/graphics/etc. for the Paralympics, just amended with Paralympic logos where needed, mostly the Canadian Paralympic Committee logo. (though, they missed a spot and are still using their Olympic rings bug...)

Nothing wrong with that.

CBC did tape delay the ceremony to 2:00 pm ET/1:00 pm CT. Close enough, because I don't think they wanted to interrupt their morning schedule.

Archived