Snowboard

10:00 Men Slopestyle Qualification

14:00 Ladies Slopestyle Qualification

Freestyle Skiing

18:00 Ladies Moguls Qualification

Figure Skating

19:30 Team Men's Short Program

21:10 Team Pairs Short Program

USA NBC 8pm Canadian 6am CBC UK Red Button?

Discuss Here

Coverage On NBCOlympics.com has started Excited!

oh damn, i forgot to bum a cable name and pw off somebody today so i can't see. well, i guess i'll be calling my family tomorrow.

and what's the deal with putting ski cross at the very end of the games? that's ridiculous.

My stream is Excellent Not one buffering at all. It's funny because it's the OBS broadcast but you can clearly hear the NBC and Russian broadcasters in the background. There is a 30 min free stream but of course you should save it for your favorite event

you can probably figure out how to watch on the cbc. the only downside is everyone sounds canadian and talks about canada, which i find particularly bizarre because, as an american, i was always raised to believe by our broadcast coverage that the olympics were about the whole world coming together to talk about, and be beaten by, americans.

you can probably figure out how to watch on the cbc. the only downside is everyone sounds canadian and talks about canada, which i find particularly bizarre because, as an american, i was always raised to believe by our broadcast coverage that the olympics were about the whole world coming together to talk about, and be beaten by, americans.

What are you talking about, eh? ;)

Now that my train has emerged from the shadow of the sea cliffs, I've got a mobile signal for a few minutes, and I can confirm that the BBC online live stream of the snowboarding is working just fine. Meanwhile, here's my screen-shots from the very start of the Red Button coverage:

sochi02.jpg

sochi03.jpg

Try using a VPN

Also I feel bad for the snowboarders who don't make it. Do they get to stay the rest of the games if they want to?

Thed BBC/OBS commentators just stated that nobody will actually be eliminated before the OC, but there's a system to prioritise the highest scorers from this round in the semis.

Also I feel bad for the snowboarders who don't make it. Do they get to stay the rest of the games if they want to?

i was thinking that too. imagine being out before the OC. well, maybe they get to stay and have some of that easy infamous hot bod olympic village sex.

oh man, a canadian is starting to snowboard right now. you can hear it in their amped-up voices. twice a decade you guys maddeningly manage to drop that inferiority complex of yours for two weeks.

also, i'm loving all the lingo being tossed around. apparently, it hasn't changed much since 1998 when i was an absolute fiend at cool boarders 2 (it was all about cindy, btw) doing my japan 1080 backsides.

Does anyone know how the qualification for Men's slopestyle works?

the OBS Commentator and NBCOlympics.com say

Top 3 in each heat qualify for final

4th-9th qualify for semifinal

10th-15th out

NBCOlympics Twitter analyst and the official website say top 4 qualify for final and everyone else makes it to the semifinal.

Archived