GamesBids' Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

LGBT...Pussy Riot, Greenpeace...you can do in your country what you want, but at least I can choose whether to watch independent TV news or state controlled ones.

But let's leave it like that. None of us will convince the other to change his views.

OK, but why america didn't not criticize Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE. Doesn't violate the rights and freedoms of minorities, women are virtually have no rights. Here is the policy of double standards, when America wants it supports dictatorships.

Ok but your government may not bother us, we do not go, we think this is the matter of each state, the historical path of each civilization and do not involve here the political interests of other countries

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, but why america didn't not criticize Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE. Doesn't violate the rights and freedoms of minorities, women are virtually have no rights. Here is the policy of double standards, when America wants it supports dictatorships.[/size]

Ok [/size]but your government may not bother us, we do not go, we think this is the matter of each state, the historical path of each civilization and do not involve here the political interests of other countries[/size]

Every government applies double standards: The American one, the German one (which is "mine" as you can see from my profile) and the Russian one as well. Or why does yours complain about EU interfering in Ukraine when it is doing exactly the same? Anyway, as I said, we should agree to disagree and move on.

what? sorry I'm not getting this?

The Polish map apparently included Kaliningrad Oblast, a Russian exclave between Poland, Lithuania and Belarus. So the Russians gave part of their own country to Poland, kind of ironic, given the history of the two countries.

Yeah, it was a pretty efficient parade (apart from the Chinese stopping to salute there president) There was no stupid stuff and the athletes remained the full width of the circuit the whole time. This usually doesn't happen with the longer teams which end up as only two wide right up next to the crowd.

Every government applies double standards: The American one, the German one (which is "mine" as you can see from my profile) and the Russian one as well. Or why does yours complain about EU interfering in Ukraine when it is doing exactly the same? Anyway, as I said, we should agree to disagree and move on.

I agree, but when the media say that Russia discriminate gays it's not true, we want our children defeat from the propaganda, the private life in Russia protected, and it's the choice of every man about his sex orientation, your private in your sms, e-mail with your friends and in home, but the majority can say no for public demonstration of sex orientation, and that is dimocracy, do what you want with your partners at home, but not in public places

I think it was a trick slide. See who among their NKVD (or whatever it's called now) trainees could catch the gaffe?? LOL

Hey olympicnapso, what is the successor to the KGB??

tadaa yes i'm from kgb, oh my God, i think people abroad are not thinking with stamps, i'm a student, live in Sochi for whole my life. I'm 22 and last year my mother go to heavens, she was an english teacher and my father is a teacher too, and they gave the love and patriotic feeling for my country, and i think you are so under pressured of your media, that it influence on your minds greatly...

I think it was a trick slide. See who among their NKVD (or whatever it's called now) trainees could catch the gaffe?? LOL

Hey olympicnapso, what is the successor to the KGB??

by the way we have no KGB in Russia now, poor people...))))

That's what Ric Birch had long wanted to do since Barcelona but NBC blocked him. They also did it for Doha 2006 -- not the underground part; but coming out in the middle and then splitting right and left.

Hi Baron - tried to come on and just send a message to members I knew but either your inbox is full or you are ignoring me lol - just wondering how you are?

there were pashing straight people in your opening ceremony, is that not "propaganda"?

yes it's propaganda of natural behavior of a man, it's our country and let us decide what we want, go into the gays world, or go to the natural world of relationships between man and woman

there were pashing straight people in your opening ceremony, is that not "propaganda"?

and if you think that baby part of the ceremony is the propoganda of straight people, it is really sad for me

I said "propaganda", there is no propaganda at all, but if Russia was anti straight then they would remove that scene for being straight propaganda.

we hope to go with our own way, and that is because we want invite the world to come and sea, that we are not as you can see on your tv screens

we hope to go with our own way, and that is because we want invite the world to come and sea, that we are not as you can see on your tv screens

I think your opening ceremony was great - not what maybe some in the Western world wanted to see, but a good vision for Russian people to be proud of! I have to asmit it was not one of my favourite ceremonies but it did what is was meant to and portrayed Russia well and in a way that you can all be proud of

I think your opening ceremony was great - not what maybe some in the Western world wanted to see, but a good vision for Russian people to be proud of! I have to asmit it was not one of my favourite ceremonies but it did what is was meant to and portrayed Russia well and in a way that you can all be proud of

thanks a lot)))

Archived