GamesBids' Sochi 2014 Opening Ceremony Live Chat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See it starts at 8:00 am MST. Darn. I'll be at work (and I just had 3 sick days :( ). Hopefully CBC will have a Primetime encore broadcast in the evening. If not, I'll have to watch it online or on YouTube.

I'm still in two minds about whether I'll watch it live or record it. It starts after 2am here - really inconvenient between getting up early or staying up late.It's an all-nighter, or watch it over breakfast....

Actually, who am I kidding! Yeah, I'll most likely not be able to contain myself from staying up to watch. I'll probably restrict GBids chatting to ad breaks and the parade of nations though.

I will be here too

@ GB-technique freaks,

I bought a new TV set (HD ready) for Beijing 2008 and I wanted to buy a new one for Sochi (HD full and 3D), but I couldn't decide which one - I like SONY KDL-40W905A and SONY KDL-42W805A (I know larger is better, but larger ones wouldn't be good for my living room)...

Any suggestions, which TV set is good?

Im planning a russian themed day Friday and was going to have chicken kiev until my other half pointed out it wasn't in Russia. LOL Whats a good russian meal to partake of while I digest the opening ceremony, is anyone else doing anything special on Friday?

Actually we wanted to use the opening ceremony thread as live chat thread, but whatever... ;)

There's bound to be sundry other OC threads created after the event anyway. Probably is good, as Ganwon pointed out, to have "Live Chat" in the title - easier to find and browse through in future.

Our national TV will cover Sochi 2014, surprisingly which is good news :) they will transmit the events, including the opening ceremony tomorrow (I guess they skipped Vancouver because we didn't even qualified back then ). Still, I wont be able to watch it live :( I hope they re transmit it when i'm back.

Aw well, there are always ways to watch it fully later.

Archived