CWG logo comp - the voting! (votes only please)

I think he understands his (repeated) mistake and understands that it is not acceptable here. We need to stop attacking him and get back to the competition. Hopefully he has the courage to enter one of these competitions again (with his own work) because he obviously has an eye for what looks good. :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all, thanks to paul & Scotguy for revoting, but I would now like to declare this stage CLOSED FOR NEW VOTES & REVOTES. Thank you for participating in the vote, a 17 voter turnout is way higher than I expected :). I know there have been problems, but my concern now is wrapping up this stage & getting the top 2 sorted out. See you in a while, when I'll have a tasty scoreboard for you all ;)

A lighter-hearted question for you: Does the CGF thing have a name? I don't know the answer BTW.

Ladies & gentlemen, here is the scoreboard in reverse order:

Logo B - 0 points :( :(

Logo J - 8 points

Logo D - 12 points

Logo O - 14 points, highest vote 6

Logo L - 14 points, highest vote 10

Logo A - 16 points

Logo I - 28 points, highest vote 8

Logo P - 28 points, highest vote 10

Logo H - 28 points :lol:, highest vote 12

Logo M - 60 points

Logo F - 64 points

Logo N - 94 points

Logo ? - 110 points

Logo ? - 114 points

Logo ? 154 points :o

Ladies & gentlemen, here is the scoreboard in reverse order:

Logo B - 0 points :( :(

Logo J - 8 points

Logo D - 12 points

Logo O - 14 points, highest vote 6

Logo L - 14 points, highest vote 10

Logo A - 16 points

Logo I - 28 points, highest vote 8

Logo P - 28 points, highest vote 10

Logo H - 28 points :lol:, highest vote 12

Logo M - 60 points

Logo F - 64 points

Logo N - 94 points

Logo ? - 110 points

Logo ? - 114 points

Logo ? 154 points :o

Hehe :lol::lol::lol:B):P

So it'll be 2 of G, E, & C to progress to the final. The final poll will start when Rols can start it up, so hopefully tonight. I won't reveal which 2 logos are through as I want to keep you guessing :P Or alternatively, I could start the final round now (well, soon) & you could post your choice in the thread as you have done in this stage.

Ok i am an utter disgrace for a human being and deserve to be cursed with shame until the day i die, i get it guys.

For Yoshi's sake, can we just complete his competition and omit from all official records the Logo K

This is pathetic. Truly. It's one thing to lie, but then to lie again and to try to turn US into the bad guys for catching you is pretty low.

You could've salvaged this with a short gracious apology. Instead you're painting yourself as the victim and slamming others. No respect for that.

Regardless of the scandal, Yoshi you have organised a brilliant competition with Sir Rols, and if there is any issue with me voting for my own, I woudn't have an issue changing my votes. Also on the scandal issue, you should just agree to disagree, because the argument will go around and around in circles, and ruin the competition.

Tony, it's fine, noone had a problem, plus if you go back a page, you'll find that I've posted the final scoreboard for this part of voting, so it'd be a bit difficult to change your votes now ;)

Oh, sorry my mistake. I haven't posted for 3 days, so I've had to do a bit of catching up.

Unfortunately I did not make the top 3. I would like to thank all those who voted for me (especially with there high points).

Now I can't wait, firstly to vote for a winner and secondly to enter in "the design a new commonwealth games thingy competition" though I don't know if I can wait 'til summer (winter here). :)

@Rols, how do you think the Eurovision voting went? I'm wondering whether it'd make it easier to have more than 2 cities in the main Olympic comp, as there's a huge number of cities that you could choose from.

(I have to post that here as the PM conversation seems to be locked :unsure:)

Hmmmmm. The main advantage I guess is it it gives a chance to rank in preference when you vote. But Judging by the ones that finished in the top spots, I'm not sure it would have yielded a different short list than if done by the poll method. But then again, you were more after a top two or three than a short list. More on that later.

It must be more of a chore to calculate the tallies manually though (and especially when you had to sort out the re-votes from originals). The nice thing with the poll feature is you get the ready-made scores and only then have to go through to see which you discount. And it's a bit more a chore to vote as well. So I just think the polling makes it more convenient for voting and management.

If we're doing a debrief, going back to a top three or a longer short list topic, I wanna know what people think of that? I've just sorta liked going for a top five short list to keep the suspense going. But I don't think any entry's ever gone on to win from outside the top three in the Oly comp. Five and four are I think always the first to go, so I wonder if it's worth dragging that out and instead in future just doing a final vote from the top three? On the other side of the equation, second preferences when entries drop out do swing the top contenders around from round to round to keep it interesting.

I've only gone for single cities for the summer and winter categories to follow Puppy's example and to give a level playing field to compare entries against each other. I'm not wedded to it. Watch this space come December if I do the next one again.

Well, in this comp, once K was out, it was a pretty clear top 3, & I think (I haven't worked it out) that if K had stayed in, K & C would've made a clear top 2. A thing to remember is that the main comp would have far more entries, & far more strong entries, not to mention much higher voter turnout, than this one, so while top 3 was suited to this, top 5 might be better for the main comp. The higher turnout would make it harder to tot up using my method, but there is a Eurovision scoreboard creator tool, scorewiz, which we use in the fantasy Eurovision I've mentioned, which can do the maths for you. You could even do as we do there, & use screen-sharing to make an 'event' out of the score reveal, with each voter's results being revealed like at Eurovision, before going on to the shortlist. If you want to see it in action, I could post you the link to the fantasy contest when the final of that comes along. The main advantage I can see is that it wouldn't have to be just 2 cities, as you'd no longer need to make just 1 vote. But then, the main comp is our biggest non-Olympic event, & has its traditions, so whatever. BTW, what do you mean, if??? :P Rols = the main comp, & the main comp = Rols, you're the king of that :lol:

Might need to call on you if I tried a Eurovision system. But you're right, the Eurovision system would enable you to be able yo handle larger entrant fields. The limit of poll voting is it can really only handle fields of up to 20 easily - which we came VERY close to doing in the Toronto comp.

Just watching the ice sprints from Sochi and wondering if some sort of series of head- to-head elimination knock-out rounds could be applied to a comp - with a Eurovision round beforehand to determine seeding.

Probably too complex. Simple is always easiest and usually fairest.

Archived