CWG logo comp - the voting! (votes only please)

Don't sweat it. Your Bristol logo is the best one. I preferred it to the pilfered Singapore design anyway.

Thats really nice of you Athensfan. I have always felt we have pretty different likes where design is concerned, I know you know your stuff and like what you like. It always seemed different to where I was at, especially our conversations about what London was doing.

But that makes for interesting design, how dull if we all were in the same place all the time.

What am I trying to say, just thanks for the nice comment I guess.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, as it stands, the members who have revoted & can't change their votes again are:

Palette, nzl, Athensfan, Davey, & Darcy. Tony E & aismanggo also can't change their votes, they're fine as they never voted for K. (Only 2 :o)

The following members did vote for K & are welcome to change their votes before tomorrow morning:

Rols, intoronto, Rob, gotosy, donutman88, CAF, mr bernham, paul, & demetrius.

Hope that cleared it up :)

Thats really nice of you Athensfan. I have always felt we have pretty different likes where design is concerned, I know you know your stuff and like what you like. It always seemed different to where I was at, especially our conversations about what London was doing.

But that makes for interesting design, how dull if we all were in the same place all the time.

What am I trying to say, just thanks for the nice comment I guess.

Honestly, in retrospect I think my biggest issue with London was that my expectations started out too high. I do love the city and have great respect for the design talent there. I genuinely believed London's look would be astonishing.

The final look worked better than I initially thought it would. I don't feel it was amazing, but it was clean and energetic. It did the job fine. All the craziness about "masterstroke" was a bit difficult to swallow given the very basic aesthetic, but whatever. It's good for people to take pride in their own Games.

Truthfully, if it had been some other city like, say, Atlanta, I probably would've said, "Ok, not bad. They're trying to class it up a bit. I can get into this."

So it's probably akin to walking into a move you expect you're going to adore only to find that its pretty good and feel really let down.

Also, if I'm honest, in my work I have to be so insanely careful and diplomatic about how I try to woo clients over to my way of seeing things that sometimes I feel I'm going to go nuts. The anonymity of these boards offers me an opportunity to say, "Are you kidding?! That totally sucks!! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!" Sort of a release valve for aesthetic opinions, I guess.

Anyway, moving on. I don't want to irk Yoshi for going off on a tangent!

Peace, Davey.

Correction: walking into a movie you expect you're going to adore...

Now, I do have 2 sets of votes that I have doubts about - the first is Tony E, who used each of his 6 votes on a logo of his own. TBH, I would be perfectly ok to let this slide - it's not going to affect the top few, & it'll mean a few logos will avoid the dreaded 'nul points' :P. The second is villain of the piece Scotguy, I want to know whether you're alright with letting his votes stand. He voted for K, so I'd need to do a bump-up, he hasn't been on this thread today (well, well, well :rolleyes:) so it's very unlikely that he'll revote, but would you be ok with his votes (some of them anyway) counting? Thanks, & keep revolting!

That was not meant to be a double post :wacko:

I'm sorry for this bit, I know I've handled it really badly, but thank you for supporting me :)

Don't be hard on yourself - nothing you did stuffed anything up. As I mentioned to you in th PM, sh!t happens, especially in GBids comps. Always a scandal or two to deal with.

Here's my re-cast votes:

points as follows:

2 points to logo P

4 Points to logo N

6 Points to logo G

8 Points to logo M

10 Points to logo E

12 points to logo C

Now, I do have 2 sets of votes that I have doubts about - the first is Tony E, who used each of his 6 votes on a logo of his own. TBH, I would be perfectly ok to let this slide - it's not going to affect the top few, & it'll mean a few logos will avoid the dreaded 'nul points' :P. The second is villain of the piece Scotguy, I want to know whether you're alright with letting his votes stand. He voted for K, so I'd need to do a bump-up, he hasn't been on this thread today (well, well, well :rolleyes:) so it's very unlikely that he'll revote, but would you be ok with his votes (some of them anyway) counting? Thanks, & keep revolting!

That was not meant to be a double post :wacko:

I'd let Tony's ride - I doubt he's will be affecting the final tally anyway.

Scotguy? I gotta say, I do feel for him somewhat - as Athensfan said, we all do things we're not proud of. I'd guess he's feeling a bit embarassed and awkward right now. I'd count his too.

Will count them both, Tony & Scotguy. Has markun voted before the incident, as I didn't have him/her down as one who needed to revote. Just wanna make sure I haven't missed anyone lol. @paul, would you mind altering your votes, seeing as you're on here & voted for K? :)

I have decided to respond to the recent issues that have arose recently.

Firstly i want to apologise to Yoshi for causing him problems during his competition.

Secondly, I never actually said that this was the logo i had submitted for the comp, i did not have time to make an original composition and came across the image and thought that would make a good singapore logo so posted it to the forum, BUT did not state that i had submitted it for the comp - it just got taken as that way.

Thirdly some people have been saying here that as it i just a forum competition using another logo is stupid as its not an important enough thing, YET the same people are scorning me, some quite personal about doing so, so are being hypocritical, i used a logo i thought would make a good bid logo - not officially submitting. Logo A is just a photo copied and pasted yet that gets no criticism, just saying.

I have just bought a Wacom drawing pad and stylus and learning to use it so i can try and compete with the more graphic designers here, but i guess that was a waste of time and money now as certain people on here will do everything they can to make sure that any future submissions are discredited.

Afiq/Asi seems to be the proper little Jessica Fletcher

"Well Yoshi, it appears that you shall have your headlines" promotion and interest in your comp must have risen ten fold

Ok then:

Firstly, Scotguy, I would like to accept your apology, & thank you for coming into the thread. :)

Secondly: You never said it was your entry, but then you never said it wasn't either (until tonight) As it had Singapore 2022 & the CGF wotsit below it, I (& others) assumed that it was your entry, & as you never changed it or indicated that you wanted it changed, I accepted it as such. That was my mistake, & had I (or anyone else) had realised it earlier, we could've maybe resolved the problem.

Thirdly: It would make a good bid logo, I liked it a lot & it would've been near the top. I hope that others see your post, realise what happened, & don't penalise you in future comps here.

Fourthly: Do you have time to alter your votes to exclude K? I'm asking as many people who voted for K as possible to do this, as it'll reduce my job in the morning & let you have all 6 votes counted.

Thank you & see you in the morning. :)

I have decided to respond to the recent issues that have arose recently.

Firstly i want to apologise to Yoshi for causing him problems during his competition.

Secondly, I never actually said that this was the logo i had submitted for the comp, i did not have time to make an original composition and came across the image and thought that would make a good singapore logo so posted it to the forum, BUT did not state that i had submitted it for the comp - it just got taken as that way.

Thirdly some people have been saying here that as it i just a forum competition using another logo is stupid as its not an important enough thing, YET the same people are scorning me, some quite personal about doing so, so are being hypocritical, i used a logo i thought would make a good bid logo - not officially submitting. Logo A is just a photo copied and pasted yet that gets no criticism, just saying.

I have just bought a Wacom drawing pad and stylus and learning to use it so i can try and compete with the more graphic designers here, but i guess that was a waste of time and money now as certain people on here will do everything they can to make sure that any future submissions are discredited.

Afiq/Asi seems to be the proper little Jessica Fletcher

It's good of you to apologize to Yoshi.

However, NZL's point is very well taken.

While you did not explicitly state: "this is my original logo submission," nor did you do anything to correct the incorrect perception that was universally held. And you did vote for the logo, which indicates that you thought it was right that your submission should compete with the original work submitted by others.

I wonder what would have happened if you had won? And based on how the votes were going, there was a good chance you would have. Would you have said afterwards, "Oh, you guys misunderstood. I just copied that logo I didn't really mean for it to be my submission," or would you have simply said, "Thanks you guys for voting for me!" and left us none the wiser? I guess we'll never know.

You are also painting yourself as the victim of Afiq/Asi and probably myself. You are letting us know about your investment and how it is now worthless. You are describing how you will be unfairly dismissed in the future due to a trumped up witch hunt of sorts.

What about the other participants in the contest who actually did create something? You say the logo comp is so trivial that it doesn't matter if your image is original or not. But obviously someone who worked at making something new takes this silly little contest just slightly more seriously. Wouldn't all their time and effort have simply been "wasted" if they lost to someone who copied a professional design and neglected to correct the widely held misunderstanding?

And finally, why not simply say in the original post, "Hey guys, I found this cool logo online. Here's a link to it. Wouldn't it work well?" I can only think of one reason to omit that information and it is not absentmindedness.

Scotguy, I believe that the above post is the post you felt you needed to write. You know your intentions. There will be some charitable souls who will take you at your word -- such as intoronto who liked your post. There will be others who simply cannot write an ethical storyline that makes sense given the facts at hand.

There's no tarring and feathering here. I do find the whole episode very sad and I feel bad for you.

Yeah not buying it.

I would feel bad for Scotguy except for the colourful words he said in the past competition...

He constantly attacks Afiq and his brother then "posts a design he think would be a good entry" but no wait it's not an actual entry, he just posted it for fun?

This is the second time he has caused disruptions to a competition.

Fourthly: Do you have time to alter your votes to exclude K? I'm asking as many people who voted for K as possible to do this, as it'll reduce my job in the morning & let you have all 6 votes counted.

Thank you & see you in the morning. :)

2 points go to Logo M

4 points to Logo F

6 points to Logo E

8 points to Logo C

10 points to logo G

12 points to Logo A

He entered someone else's work in the last comp as "My Toronto Logo"/"My revised Toronto Logo" and was caught out. I doubt that if this logo won without anyone finding out it wasn't his that he would have admitted it. And of course we have no way of finding out if what he submitted for Toronto '26 or Bangkok '28 was genuine or not (unless anyone's seen them somewhere else). So he's only hurting his own credibility by submitting other peoples work. It's unfortunate this wasn't averted earlier.

Ok i am an utter disgrace for a human being and deserve to be cursed with shame until the day i die, i get it guys.

For Yoshi's sake, can we just complete his competition and omit from all official records the Logo K

No one said that.

I agree that we get back on track and help make this competition move on as smoothly as now possible for yoshi's sake. From my understanding this is his first time organising a competition like this.

Lol,What a silly reason.i dont mean to attack personally but why on earth that you vote your self and doesnt dispute when yoshi put you as a competitor?dont blame anyone for your dishonest,dont blame afiq when he realize the plagiarism,dont blame yoshi for putting you in the game,dont blame others for voting you,you need to blame your self first..just admit it and people will forgive you,but the more you deny the more people will disrespect you..this is not the first time you doing this ..i dont think you will admit if you won this and nobody realize your plagiarism since you vote for your self that mean you also wish to win this comp.

Archived