CWG logo comp - the voting! (votes only please)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoshi, just a suggestion: you may not want to limit the final round to the top two. Wait and see how the votes tally. There may be a very obvious dividing point at the top three or four. It would be a shame to eliminate a logo that was only one or two votes shy of second place when the next nearest competitor was much further back. Again, I didn't submit a logo so I have no horse in this race. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, fair point. Because of the timing, I can't have more than 3 logos, because that'd need 2 rounds max of polling, which is the most I can do between Wednesday & Friday. I'll see how it goes, but without adding anything up, I think we have a quite clear top 2.

Yeah, fair point. Because of the timing, I can't have more than 3 logos, because that'd need 2 rounds max of polling, which is the most I can do between Wednesday & Friday. I'll see how it goes, but without adding anything up, I think we have a quite clear top 2.

Is there a reason the deadline is so important?

ive seen design k, somewhere... that is plagiarism.. -_-

Where's the proof? Why don't you show it?

Maybe extend the deadline for this stage to Friday, & have the poll round(s) during the Games then?

Friday sounds early. Members will be busy on debating for a while. So I believe it doesn't matter if you extend all things...even a week or 2 weeks after Sochi. I don't think this topic will become old so soon ;).

I know the last thing you want when you're doing these comps is lots of people offering you suggestions when you've already got it up and running and have your plans on how you're going to proceed ;) , but i would advise not to drag voting out too long. People start to lose interest if a vote goes over more than a day or two, and you'll only pick up the odd straggler vote towards the end anyway.

I think it's also worth the attempt to do the voting finale over the day around and after the ceremony. As Athensfan said, the board will be at by far its most active in the cycle. And once you've dissed or praised the OC and are waiting to see what others think, people then will be looking at what's happening elsewhere on the board.

Right ok. Vote deadline remains tomorrow at 1pm GMT. It'll all be much clearer when that's counted. BTW, for transparency, I haven't added or counted any votes yet. They will all be done tomorrow. I aim to have the scoreboard up by 3. (I need to have lunch too), with voting starting on the poll shortly after, aiming at a finale between Friday & Sunday. Thank you all for helping & suggesting things, you've been great :). Finally, all this means that there's only 15 & a bit hours left to dish out points if you haven't already.

BTW, @afiq, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do unless you show us what you think it's plagiarising, I'm afraid 'I've seen it somewhere' with no picture just isn't enough to go on :)

SNAP!

Well, there you go.

K must be disqualified.

Hate to say it, but that's going to totally mess up this complicated voting system.

You can't just eliminate K and count the rest of the votes because then the logos that were ranked behind K will all get two points fewer than they should. Even if Yoshi goes back and adjusts everyone's votes upwards (a laborious process), some people will have on cast four votes while others will have cast five. Especially if the difference between tallies is small (as it probably will be), that difference of 2 points could make it or break it for a logo making it into the final vote. All this is even tricker because the final vote only has two contenders, meaning a logo that could have scored the highest could be accidentally left out in the cold thanks to the plagiarism and elimination of logo "K."

Have fun sorting this one out.

Really too bad that people are so dishonest. It's just a fantasy logo comp! Is it really worth the damage you do to your soul by cheating? Jeepers.

He has done it before. I thought it had been accepted that he had copied it in that comp.

http://www.4shared.com/office/FdmnHmzu/wellington_2026.html

http://www.caanworld.net/extra/1328713541.jpeg

From http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/22595-2026-commonwealth-games-vote/

But in this comp it is certainly not acceptable. (and I gave it 10 points) <_<

I thought it MAY have been accepted, I didn't read the whole forum at the time.

Archived