CWG logo comp - the voting! (votes only please)

yoshi

Hello, good evening, & welcome to London Kuala Lumpur Glasgow, next host city of the Friendly Games, & imaginary home to the voting process that will determine the winner of this first Gamesbids CWG logo competition!

Thank you to everyone who has submitted an entry for this, I am pleased with the turnout considering how badly I timed this (what was I thinking? :wacko::lol:) A special thank you to Sir Rols, who has helped a lot with organising this voting.

THE RULES

Every member who wants to vote must award between 2 & 12 points to their 6 favourite logos, like this:

2 points to logo -

4 points to logo -

6 points to logo -

8 points to logo -

10 points to logo -

12 points to logo -

where - is replaced by the letter of the logo you want to give the points to. The letters are found on the picture with all the logos which Rols made.

THE SYSTEM

The voting in this stage will be open until 1pm UK time Wednesday February 5, at which point i will count the points up & post the scoreboard that afternoon. The 2 logos with the highest number of points will enter a straight final poll which will close at 1pm UK time on Olympic Day, Friday 7 February. This will be the same format as final rounds in the Toronto/Bangkok comps.

THE LOGOS

It'd probably help to know what you're voting for, so here are the logos & their letters:

4ip5.jpg

THE REALLY IMPORTANT LAST BIT

Please vote in this thread ONLY. Please DO NOT post votes in the other thread, & please DO NOT post general talk in this thread. This is to make it easier for me to count your votes, as I don't want to have to look in 2 threads to get the points. I also don't want to be distracted from the points in this thread. Thank you, good luck to all, & may the best logo win! :)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, good evening, & welcome to London Kuala Lumpur Glasgow, next host city of the Friendly Games, & imaginary home to the voting process that will determine the winner of this first Gamesbids CWG logo competition!

Thank you to everyone who has submitted an entry for this, I am pleased with the turnout considering how badly I timed this (what was I thinking? :wacko::lol:) A special thank you to Sir Rols, who has helped a lot with organising this voting.

THE RULES

Every member who wants to vote must award between 2 & 12 points to their 6 favourite logos, like this:

2 points to logo -

4 points to logo -

6 points to logo -

8 points to logo -

10 points to logo -

12 points to logo -

where - is replaced by the letter of the logo you want to give the points to. The letters are found on the picture with all the logos which Rols made.

THE SYSTEM

The voting in this stage will be open until 1pm UK time Wednesday February 5, at which point i will count the points up & post the scoreboard that afternoon. The 2 logos with the highest number of points will enter a straight final poll which will close at 1pm UK time on Olympic Day, Friday 7 February. This will be the same format as final rounds in the Toronto/Bangkok comps.

THE LOGOS

It'd probably help to know what you're voting for, so here are the logos & their letters:

4ip5.jpg

THE REALLY IMPORTANT LAST BIT

Please vote in this thread ONLY. Please DO NOT post votes in the other thread, & please DO NOT post general talk in this thread. This is to make it easier for me to count your votes, as I don't want to have to look in 2 threads to get the points. I also don't want to be distracted from the points in this thread. Thank you, good luck to all, & may the best logo win! :)

Can you vote for your own logo?

Hi, London calling here.

2 Points go to Entry I.

4 Points go to Entry A.

6 Points go to Entry D.

8 Points go to Entry J.

10 Points go to Entry L

12 Points go to Entry H.

If you dispute my choice in votes, please say, and I can change my votes.

I'm a little confused about the voting so I'll just do it like rols and tony.

If I can vote for myself then

12 Points N

10 Points K

8 Points P

6 Points C

4 Points E

2 Points G

If I Cant vote for myself then

12 Points K

10 Points C

8 Points E

6 Points G

4 Points I

2 Points F

Hi, London calling here.

2 Points go to Entry I.

4 Points go to Entry A.

6 Points go to Entry D.

8 Points go to Entry J.

10 Points go to Entry L

12 Points go to Entry H.

If you dispute my choice in votes, please say, and I can change my votes.

No way! You're from London???? Never would have guessed.

Now, now, points only. I don't want rows & argument anywhere, but certainly not in this particular thread. Thank you :).

Now, as for voting for yourself, I can honestly say I never thought of that, but I'm inclined to go with Athenfan's view & allow it. I know Rols didn't in his comps, but he used the poll system, so it's a lot different. So I'm going to allow voting for yourself in this part of the vote, but not in the poll final, I think that's probably fairest.

@Palette, you appear to have done things slightly wrong, you can't give 3 8s, 2 12s & a 10, you have to give 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, & 12 points to your top 6, in that order, with one of each.

Thank you for your votes, & keep'em coming :)

:lol: I was so stupid! Had to read very very well your explanation,I now understood how to vote finally.

12 points K B)

10 points N

8 points E

6 points M

4 points C

2 points F

Good luck to 6 logos and thanks for your patience yoshi ;) .

Archived