Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Westwood

Sochi 2014 shame...

Not only the construction, but also the amount of snow and ice - or lack thereof - is quite telling.

Winter wonderland.

The title of this post, translates as "Olympiad made through the ass"
Here are examples of real situation in Olympic constructions, a half month before the games opening

http://www.blogsochi.ru/content/olimpiada-cherez-zadnitsu

I'm a russian citizen and I'm terribly ashamed of it

Very informative. Very sad.

You can't be THAT ashamed if you are posting it here for all of us to see....

I will say this, no city is perfect for the Olympic Games. I'm hoping this is just the very worst of the worst. No one wants to see an Olympic host fail miserably.

• Like 1

No city is perfect period. All cities seem to have their own degree of urban blight. Those images are telling, but replace the Cyrillic with our alphabet and it could pass for a number of cities in the US. The Olympic Games don't change that, LA still had it's ghettos in 1984, Atlanta as well. Not every Olympic city can be a Lillehammer.

No city is perfect period. All cities seem to have their own degree of urban blight. Those images are telling, but replace the Cyrillic with our alphabet and it could pass for a number of cities in the US. The Olympic Games don't change that, LA still had it's ghettos in 1984, Atlanta as well. Not every Olympic city can be a Lillehammer.

But this isn't a city, in the traditional sense. It's a long way from the historic city of Sochi, and until a few years ago, it was mostly green fields, with holiday homes along the shore. All the mess you see is the result of Olympic-related development.

• Like 1

Well it is the Adlersky City District, one of four that make up the Sochi area. District population is around 80,000. I guess that makes it a suburb, but still large enough to have big-city issues. No doubt the Games have contributed to that mess. Looking at the last two posts really makes me question whether I would want to visit because even the best hotels look as if they are be constructed in a very shoddy manner. That one looks like a fire trap.