Gerhard Heiberg: Winter Olympics must go "back to basics"

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe Heiberg was also aiming at his compatriots to actually stay in, he might be worried of an Oslo pull out too in face of the megalomania discussions.

That was one of the things I liked about Pyeongchang was ceremonies in ski jumping venue.

Heiberg is marketing director for the IOC. Sounds like he is getting the message that Sochi is "too much." http://www.themalaymailonline.com/sports/article/winter-olympics-must-reduce-cost-says-ioc-m

I agree - that really served as little more than a training exercise. There was also no need for any of the events which began before the games to do so - there was enough slack in the first few days and indeed now in the last few days to incorporate all those qualifying events within the 16 days of the games.

• 2 weeks later...

For starters, what about the IOC accepting longer distances between the host city and venues such as the ski jump hill and bobsleigh track? Also, what about using the ceremonies stadium for events like snowboarding?

If I'm not mistaken wasn't there a photo going around that showed a ski jump ramp in the middle of the Bird's Nest?

For starters, what about the IOC accepting longer distances between the host city and venues such as the ski jump hill and bobsleigh track? Also, what about using the ceremonies stadium for events like snowboarding?

If I'm not mistaken wasn't there a photo going around that showed a ski jump ramp in the middle of the Bird's Nest?

That was an aerials jump.