Where could the Winter Olympics be held?

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but when I was trying to find which stadiums would have been used if Morocco still hosted the 2015 African Cup, I came across a video on youtube showing someone snowboarding in Morocco. I was surprised to find out that Morocco does in fact have ski resorts not too far from Marrakesh, and the mountain range of those ski resorts reaches heights of up to 13,000 feet.

It is pretty farfetched, but Morocco could potentially meet the requirements of being a Winter Olympic host. And because of its location it wouldn't have to ask the IOC for a date change since the area follows the same winter pattern as the rest of the Northern Hemisphere.

It is pretty farfetched, but Morocco could potentially meet the requirements of being a Winter Olympic host. And because of its location it wouldn't have to ask the IOC for a date change since the area follows the same winter pattern as the rest of the Northern Hemisphere.

It'd certainly be fun to try!

www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Oukaimeden

• 4 weeks later...

I was just wondering if southern hemisphere countries had any chances to get the Winter Olympics. Let's imagine some of those countries would have a strong bid, like a perfect WOG host city. But, the scheduling. Would there be any chance for August WOG? That'd be the offseason for most winter sports. Though ski jumpers have their summer competitions, Alpine skiers train in southern hemisphere and there are some lower-level races there. And the irregual World Cup of Hockey has been in August/September.

If there were a strong candidate for the WOG in southern hemisphere, I mean with winter sports success, then I think they shouldn't be discriminated but have the WOG in August. Of course, there's only a very little chance for those worries to ever happen.