New Zealand Team at Sochi

Need to do something, listening to Hosking ZB, and he nailed it. We overhyped what are world champion individuals BUT definitely NOT Olympics class....yet. And the Wells brothers were overrated. Expect the standard govt funding to be redirected to other sports, the criteria is rightfully tough as much as the qualifications process. The winter athletes simply need to get better.

I will say I was disappointed at the NZ result but seriously, we are a Summer country, we hate winter and make do with it with only one all encompassing sport - Rugby.

Need to do something, listening to Hosking ZB, and he nailed it. We overhyped what are world champion individuals BUT definitely NOT Olympics class....yet. And the Wells brothers were overrated. Expect the standard govt funding to be redirected to other sports, the criteria is rightfully tough as much as the qualifications process. The winter athletes simply need to get better.

I will say I was disappointed at the NZ result but seriously, we are a Summer country, we hate winter and make do with it with only one all encompassing sport - Rugby.

I thought the results were really what was expected. The media really did overhype their chances. Its an imporvement on four years ago so we shouldnt be too disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

Well tiny team of three athletes at the Paralympics have all but faded from view. Annoying really as they were defending medals. I guess that the out of the way place was a factor. And the ludicrously small team.

People are moaning about Russia taking 70% of the medals...gosh, I wonder why.

Archived