Sign in to follow this  
Tony E Loves Architecture

General Fifa News.

Noticed no general fifa thread. I'll start from news today - Fifa Candidate proposes Orange Cards for Sin Bin - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25811977

I used to referee high school soccer and a player who received a yellow card had to leave the game and could not re-enter until the next stoppage. It was good to get a hot-headed player off the field for awhile, but it killed the flow of the game. So I guess I am on the fence on this proposal.

Love the idea to crack down on players mobbing the referee. It, along with diving, is the most unsavory element in the game.

I used to referee high school soccer and a player who received a yellow card had to leave the game and could not re-enter until the next stoppage. It was good to get a hot-headed player off the field for awhile, but it killed the flow of the game. So I guess I am on the fence on this proposal.

Love the idea to crack down on players mobbing the referee. It, along with diving, is the most unsavory element in the game.

I'm a bit stuck on opinion on the matter to be honest. I can see it as a good thing to have a sin bin, for the reason you stated, a football player could calm himself down in the sin bin. But on the other side, they get a fair warning with a Yellow Card. Also, Football is Football. We don't want to copy Rugby with the Sin Bin thought.

Football is football, but rugby has virtually no dissent towards officials. Sin bins are ideal for football, for dissent, diving etc. Two other things from rugby that could be brought in are citing, which would hugely help referees, & a stopping clock, that would ensure injury time is just that, injury time, & eliminate what used to be 'Fergie time'.