your top 3 favorite books

krow

3. see below.... SotOC!! :lol:

Is that your publication? I believe so. B) It's too expensive at Amazon co jp.(about 90USD).

BTW I didn't say the title because the book is not published yet. The author is GB member,Victor Mata who comes from Brazil. I like his witty,humorous and philosophical murmurs and I want him to publish his book one day. :D

Well, since Krow made this thread I thought I'd answer in the style of a typical Krow post on the site: give a sarcastic response that contributes nothing to the forum.

So, my favourite three books are:

Clifford the Big Red Dog

The Berenstein Bears

Any of the Goosbumps books by R.L. Stein.

i like the goosebumps where the brother and sister's trailer becomes detached from their parents' and they roll into a summer camp and their parents let them stay and they have to compete in all these grueling sports contests where winning gold was everything and losers were made to feel inferior, like the olympics, and when they win so many they disappear and it turns out they are forced into slave labor for an evil mutant slime king who doesn't pay them anything, like in qatar.

as a 9 year old, i really enjoyed the subtle social commentary.

i like the goosebumps where the brother and sister's trailer becomes detached from their parents' and they roll into a summer camp

as a 9 year old, i really enjoyed the subtle social commentary.

That would be (give or take a little sarcasm):

The Horror at Camp Jellyjam (Goosebumps #33, published July 1995)

To Baron:

I've read your book, albeit months ago. I really enjoyed it, and if I had friends who loved Olympic Ceremonies like me, (Apart from you guys :P ) Then I would've suggested it to them.

Great read, and to anyone considering reading it, do so. :D Only took me a day or two, I read it digitally. Great read, really insightful.

I was always more of a Paul Jennings lad.

Unreal being quite the good one, even owned a Round the Twist VHS.

And of course, the Tomorrow When the War Began series is still the masterpiece of tween fiction. Still bust them out now for a read every once and a while.

cool, i didn't realize we had an rl stine scholar in the house. i liked the fear street books, too.

unfortunately for olympicsfan - and all canadians for that matter - there is no book out there that will teach you to have a sense of humor and unclench.

cool, i didn't realize we had an rl stine scholar in the house. i liked the fear street books, too.

unfortunately for olympicsfan - and all canadians for that matter - there is no book out there that will teach you to have a sense of humor and unclench.

My last post makes it clear that I do have a sense of humour

To Baron:

I've read your book, albeit months ago. I really enjoyed it, and if I had friends who loved Olympic Ceremonies like me, (Apart from you guys :P ) Then I would've suggested it to them.

Great read, and to anyone considering reading it, do so. :D Only took me a day or two, I read it digitally. Great read, really insightful.

Thanks, Alpha!!

And of course, the Tomorrow When the War Began series is still the masterpiece of tween fiction. Still bust them out now for a read every once and a while.

omg, the hunger games is seriously the new masterpiece of tween fiction. i've never read a book like that before.

i walked head-on into a mailbox because i was reading that book while walking down the street because once you get to p.100, you literally cannot put that book down. i took it to work, to the can, to walking down the isles of CVS because i needed apple juice and bandaids.

It's worth it!! Wait for it to go on sale. I'm sure I can get it to you for around half the price. If u're really interested, I'll check postage charges to Japan!! We can discuss further on the side.

OK,I'll check the price frequently and I hope to purchase to be more intelligent :) . I think I'm a member who has no knowledge about OG and other major sports events...and everything really. I even didn't watch Nagano '98 at all :P .

Good topic. My top 3 are

'To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I know its a little clichéd to include this book - but its about the only book I can read over and over and still really enjoy.

'Dangerous Liaisons' by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos (I agree with Krow on this one). Superbly written - and funnier than its credited for. Don't miss out on the disclaimer at the very start of the book.

'Behind the Scenes at the Museum' by Kate Atkinson. I've pretty much hated everything else she has written but I LOVE this book.

For 'Behind the Scenes at the Museum' it also brings back memories of when / where I read it. I had to barter to buy this book from a small cafe in China. I then read it over the course of some very long (upto 36 hours) train journeys. Anybody else have a special affection for a book based on where / when it was read?

Archived