GB Member's Usernames.

I have been wondering for a while, what some usernames mean. I'll start off with mine, 'Tony E Loves Architecture', very simple really. My name is Tony Edwards, and I love Architecture. Anyone else explain there username. I gathered what some usernames meant, like Rob. That's his name. Intoronto, he is in Toronto. The one username I didn't understand was @Breathsgelatine.

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen. Really Intoronto means he is in Toronto? OH MY GOD who would have guessed! And i'm sure my name is just such a mystery.

Spam and trolling everywhere.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has got to be one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen. Really Intoronto means he is in Toronto? OH MY GOD who would have guessed! And i'm sure my name is just such a mystery.

most users like the thread. If you don't that's fine just don't comment and insult me.

Now, now. While many usernames are self-explanatory, there are a few out there that are very creative and had me wondering how the people came up with them. Besides with all the sense of dread and foreboding about the upcoming Sochi games, threads like this this, along with the picture thread and all the sex talk have served to lighten the mood around here.

Lol bravo! I burst out laughing.

Oh oh I think I have this one! Let me guess. You are an olympics fan and you were born in 1997?

OH this is so much fun! No wait this is meant to be a serious thread. :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Double bravo! Great timing and delivery!

DannyelBrazil

My name is Daniel, but when I started to use Internet back in 1997, when creating an e-mail, I thought I could create an e-mail with Daniel, but Daniel was already taken for obvious reasons...

So I just add my nickname "Danny" to my name to create "Dannyel".

The Brazil part does not need explaining... ;)

Darcy, I'm afraid that you are now the troll in this thread. Cut Tony some slack, especially when he opens a thread don't make that little sense and finds the interest of so many other users. By and by, the constant attacks against a certain member can become more embarrassing than that member's behaviour itself.

Sorry, correction (that was an editing mistake): "...especially when he opens a thread that doesn't make that little sense..."

Anyway, my member name's explanation is simple as well: I joined this board in 2004 and wanted to express my strong interest in the Olympic Games, even if I have never been a real Olympian myself.

The one username I didn't understand was @Breathsgelatine.

Breathesgelatine? Like an ovaltine? Au contraire, it's breathesgelatin, like breathes-gelatin.

I still want to know what @Breathesgelatine's name stands for.

Don't we all?

You can always PM her.

Yep. Not sure if she's into 16 year old men but let us know how it goes.

Nah.

Lol. Her mailbox is full.

Cleaned.

I was in primary school, just a young child learning about the internet. My father, in preparation for his trip to Beijing encouraged me to create a Skype account with which to communicate with him. In doing so, I was confronted by the need for a username. At the time I was interested in getting a hamster, and one of the names I had come across for said Hamster was "Carter" coming from Howard Carter, the explorer who discovered King Tutankhamen's tomb. In the end I didn't name my adopted hamster Carter, he already had a name, which I opted to keep. But I still liked the name, and used it in my username. The "alpha" part comes from a primary student's need to feel "cool." And what's more cool than technobabble to a child? Nothing. And hence, my username was born.

In a roundabout way, my username is related to the Olympics. "Alpha" being a letter in the greek alphabet... oh, and who created the games? The greeks. It's a stretch, but hey, it works.

Darcy, I'm afraid that you are now the troll in this thread. Cut Tony some slack, especially when he opens a thread don't make that little sense and finds the interest of so many other users. By and by, the constant attacks against a certain member can become more embarrassing than that member's behaviour itself.Sorry, correction (that was an editing mistake): "...especially when he opens a thread that doesn't make that little sense..."

Anyway, my member name's explanation is simple as well: I joined this board in 2004 and wanted to express my strong interest in the Olympic Games, even if I have never been a real Olympian myself.

Thanks. @Olympic Fan Darcy keeps picking out on me. Thanks for sticking up for me Olympian.

Well, mine is obviously first name plus IATA code of my hometown's airport, not exciting either.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised to see so few people using (parts of) their real name here, in the only other forum I actively visit (music, not Oly related) it's far more people using their names or parts thereof.

Mine is just an anagram of my actual name (one or two people on here already know it). I''ve long since got bored with it and may change it to something more Olympic related at some point, when I can be arsed to do it! ;)

There's a certain irony to this username that I've explained previously somewhere else. Besides that it's one of the symbols of the arctic nature around the polar circle. I also like the reindeer meat (I know what you're thinking!).

Mine is just an anagram of my actual name (one or two people on here already know it). I''ve long since got bored with it and may change it to something more Olympic related at some point, when I can be arsed to do it! ;)

the-omen-damien-crosses.jpg

Archived