Figure Skating

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, I really like Swan Lake, and it's nice to see skaters who struggled all season finally hit, but it's also frustrating to see skaters that struggled all season medal at the Olympics over the French. Hard to explain. I like their program but I do not think they have as much base technical difficulty as the French. ah well.

The top two teams... man. Really glad that both of them skated such great programs.

To me, I really like Swan Lake, and it's nice to see skaters who struggled all season finally hit, but it's also frustrating to see skaters that struggled all season medal at the Olympics over the French. Hard to explain. I like their program but I do not think they have as much base technical difficulty as the French. ah well.

The top two teams... man. Really glad that both of them skated such great programs.

Well, the French picked a weak program. It was cute, nice -- but they should've gone all out with a Russian-music long program to get with the number!! I'm sure if VM and DW chose a non-Russian-music #, they would've been downgraded -- not purposely, but would not have placed so high. And Bourzat should've known that because they trained for 3 years in Moscow, so he should've gotten that feel. And a lot of the White Russians eventually settled in France, so there is a French-Russian connection they could've picked from. The central part of the Pechalat-Bourzat LP was actually a beautiful Spanish guitar classic, Jeux Interdit. And their outfits were playful but lousy compared to the more striking outfits of the final 7 couples (including them). It didn't look world class the way the others dressed themselves.

I heard on the radio yesterday that between Tara and Johnny, they packed 18 bags, 22 pairs of shoes, and 10 lbs. of jewelry for the Sochi trip.

At a seaside, attempt-at-fishing bit with Billy Bush for I think it was Access Hollywood, our fashionista JW did wear your basic red-plaid flannel shirt but UNDER a mink coat and some jewelry, of course. When Bush tried to nuzzle up to Ms. Weir, Johnny uttered: don't get salt water on my mink!! Sounded almost like a classic Mae West line!! :lol::lol::lol:

original.jpg

Perfect!!

Naughty Baron! You almost had me going there for a moment. :)

Poor Mao. really feel for her. Yu-na has the benefit of the draw. Below are the final flight:

19: Lipnitskaia

20. Kostner

21. Sotnikova

22. Gold

23. Wagner

24. Kim

Actually, no. Most skaters prefer to skate second after the warm-up, so you can catch your breath and get your head together but your legs haven't started to cool down yet. Kostner's got the best draw with Sotnikova next best. Skating last can be a real beeeeyitch, but Kim is used to it and she's a very consistent pro so for her, it probably doesn't matter where she draws. For audience excitement purposes, obviously a good thing to have Kim skate last.

I know there's been a lot of crap flying around about DW's dance win over VM (unwarranted; in my view, DW won fair and square). But if you want to see what rigged judging looks like, especially shenanigans with component scores, watch the ladies' competition. Ridiculous and maddening.

The CBC commentators seem to be somewhat shocked by the score Kim got. Kurt Browning says he has to watch Adelina again to see if he can make sense of it.

I know there's been a lot of crap flying around about DW's dance win over VM (unwarranted; in my view, DW won fair and square). But if you want to see what rigged judging looks like, especially shenanigans with component scores, watch the ladies' competition. Ridiculous and maddening.

The Canadian broadcasters are basically saying the same thing. That Yuna should have won Gold and how shocking this is.

Archived