Bangkok 2028 Winner's Ceremony (Cérémonie d'Annonce)

congrats to everyone..i think it is a right time for me to pull of from gb contest..have fun!

but im still gonna stick with my point,that im not aismanggo

It'd be a loss to the contests if you decide to retire - whenever you enter you're one of the strongest competitors. It wouldn't be fair, IMO, if you're chased out of the comps becauie of heresay.

Well done, another deserving winner joins the hall of fame.

Gangwon, I was in training for the next logo competition. I think the next big thing in logo design will be the first edible Olympic logo.

Sir Rols, Ive had a word with her majesty, there should be a little something in next years new years honours list for you for all your great work.

The thing is with this debate over weather they are the same person, is that the way things are, it's going to be a backwards and forwards between the two different sides of the story. Personally, I see no concrete evidence to suggest that they are the same person, so I am neutral, but to help the situation, how can we all come to a solution?

The thing is with this debate over weather they are the same person, is that the way things are, it's going to be a backwards and forwards between the two different sides of the story. Personally, I see no concrete evidence to suggest that they are the same person, so I am neutral, but to help the situation, how can we all come to a solution?

Thing is, short of one of us going to Malaysia and seeing them both together, or not, there's no proof one way or the other. And I don't think it's fair to start off a lynch mob and ban them from a comp on heresay and suspicion. And this comp ultimately should just be a bit of fun - it's not like it's important or official there's anything tangible up for grabs except a bit of closed circle bragging rights. As far as I'm concerned, and how I've proceeded, the only fair thing is to let them compete, but ensure they can't gain any unfair advantages in competing and voting from their relationship (or double identity).

This is a public board. People can be themselves or have special online personas. Some people reveal a lot about themselves (sometimes too much), some people like to stay anonymous and wouldn't want to give out even hints of their real name much less post a pic of themselves. That's fine, that's how it works. It's up to you how open or wary you want to be. It means, though, that you can't force people to give out all their details and identity.

congrats to everyone..i think it is a right time for me to pull of from gb contest..have fun!

but im still gonna stick with my point,that im not aismanggo

is it means that you retired from the entire gb forum?

i mean i know that is the contest that made you and aismanggo joined here and we're just getting started right so don't get out from here yet....

I bet if there were NO Petronas Twin Towers, we wouldn't have those Malaysian twins here. ;)

Touché!

Check the title of the news...

no..ill be observer and voter -_-

I hope you reconsider this.

Always open to suggestions. How would you see that working? And what problems would this solve? And how?

I think this year voting was the best ever. No changing on voting is needed, really.

The only change I think is need is about how "old" somebody should be in the board to entry logos or cast votes... One month old members, at least, is enough. We had votes casted by some suspicious new members who entered the forums after the announcement of the comp....

The only change I think is need is about how "old" somebody should be in the board to entry logos or cast votes... One month old members, at least, is enough. We had votes casted by some suspicious new members who entered the forums after the announcement of the comp....

We also had some old members from 2002 and 2006 who had meagre voting records and seem to come out of the blue again when a comp poll is on. Each year brings a few. This year we had Canary and javeed~, but there was no real iron reason to discount them. Luan and ryrpror03 I could easily discount, even though one (I can't remember offhand which) had joined before the cut-off date.

Sir Rols do you feel the need for a holiday once the competition finishes each year, or do you just sit in a dark room for a few hours rocking forward and backwards?

Actually, this year wasn't too bad... Well behaved mostly until the end - almost a bit too kumbaya. And this time I was off work and had plenty of time to look over it. Usually I'm rushed between work and GBids play, feel like knocking a few heads together, and I finish them and vow never again!

@palette, my logo comp starts today, I'm fairly sure it'll be the first of its kind here, & I'm certain its format will be the first of its kind ever here.

Good luck! Look forward to being a spectator. Or maybe I should fire up and try to get a hang of Adobe Illustrator.

Archived