Bangkok 2028 Winner's Ceremony (Cérémonie d'Annonce)

We’ve made the bitter end…

Let’s hear it for Thailand’s Tata Young for her tribute to the spirit of the GamesBIds logo contests. Give her a big hand and thanks for your suggestion Palette!

Your Majesty King Bhumibol, Prime Minister Shinawatra (you still are PM today, aren’t you?), President Bach, General Moderator Livingstone, Ladies and Gentlemen, Mesdames et Monsieurs, Members of GamesBids, welcome to the le Thaï Orchidée, Lausanne’s finest mecca of Thai dining*.

i0rj.jpg

I also want to extend a special welcome to all our VIP guests, who have flown in from across Asia to be here for Thailand’s, and His Majesty’s, big moment. Oh, and by the way, Happy Birthday for the other day, Kim!

ewcu.jpg

It’s a smaller venue than we’ve become accustomed to, but sadly the NBC talks for next year’s Logo Comp broadcast rights fell through. They were insisting on a global online blackout of results until after it was shown on Prime Time in the US East Coast market. Herr Bach was not happy after the negotiations failed, and insisted we trim the budget (and there wasn’t much dinero left after we blew it on Peter the Elephant at the Koh Samui launch). And he wanted to be able to walk home after the announcement.

While the seating’s a bit squashy, we’ve tried to accommodate all your requests. We managed to fit in an extra seat between Yoshi and Palette86 for Soyoshi – but we had to knock back some, like Tony E’s repeatedly asking for three whole tables of his own.

And by the way Palette – could you control Soyoshi before he makes eye-contact with the King, or worse! Swipes the Royal spring rolls!

Now, if President Bach and Supreme Leader Kim decide who will take the microphone… Okay, so it’s to be you, Herr President? Are you sure that’s wise? You don’t want to upset the Supreme Leader…

Thomas Bach: Scheiße! It is about time I have been given the mikrofon!

Your Majesties, Damen und Herren, Guten Abend,

I have long vaited for Herr Rogge to move on and pass on to me the honour to präsänt the avard to the GamesBids logo contest winner. You have been setting the example to the nations und cities of the vorld of the highest importance und legacy of a large bidding field of entries.

You have all been bringing honour und prestige to yourselves und to the Olympic cause.

I am having the highest of privileges therefore to announce to you all here tonight that the winner of the Bangkok 2028 Summer Olympic Games Logo Contest ist…

Daniel Brasilienl!

8fv8.jpg

uy9o.jpg

Sir Rols: Congratulations Danny! A second title and Gold Medal to the Boy from Brazil! Well done. Certainly a hard fought victory – I hope you and Afiq aren’t nursing bruises!

And for the runners up, a family affair. The Malaysian brothers have scooped second and third – and in front of their own King who travelled here tonight no less! Silver goes to aismanggo, joining his Gold for Toronto. And Bronze this year is awarded to Afiqnadzir. We’d better put aismanggo between you and Danny and let’s get a photo of you all together.

The official final tally, as verified at Danny’s request by the BBC, was:

DanneyelBrazil A: 19

Afiqnadzir B: 8

aismanggo C: 9

The vote from luan was not counted.

For everyone who entered, voted, helped, commented and critiqued, a personal thanks from me. Two I’ll single out – Rob, you were a great supporter of the comp, all-round helper to everyone and good sport to boot. And I want to give a hand to Thatsnotmypuppy, founder of this comp. Pups, I always feel like a padawan training under the eyes of the Master when you’re around as I’m doing the comp. Hope I did a decent job in your eyes. Have a great time in Vegas and Sochi and any time you want the job back…

We’ve still got five courses of the l’Orchidée Grand Lotus Banquet function menu to serve before we head down the road to the Olympic Museum for the after-party. Herr Bach’s given us the keys and asked us to lock up after the last one leaves. Behave yourselves – CAF, no trying on Bach’s old fencing outfit; Lord David, paws off the bid books; and Baron, the torches stay put.

I’ll sign off for the year then, some gentlemen from the Thai Office of the King, the Department of Immigration and the Ministry of Justice say they want to talk to me about my respect for the King and my current visa status for Thailand. See you (hopefully) at the live chat for some sports event opening next month!

* le Thaï Orchidée is available for parties and functions, with special event rates upon request via www.thai.orchideelausanne.ch. Cast and crew of the GamesBids Logo Competition always choose to dine at le Thaï Orchidée when in Lausanne.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Thank you Rols for a great great comp refereeing. Thank you Afiq and Manggo for being such great contenders and thank you buddies for the votes.

This time, instead of a picture with a "Thank you" in several languages and my logo on it, I decided to create something different: a video about this comp!

I'm sure you guys will enjoy it, specially, on how this comp ended... from the eyes of the International Media....

I just love those reports from DBNN... :rolleyes:

Many congrats Danny!

I still think your Toronto logo was the absolute gem of this year's competitions, so pleased to see you on the top ofthe podium! So are they....

Celebrations-after-Rio-wo-008.jpg

Thanks for the mention Rols; I'm happy to help out with some of the more technical stuff. It's a shame to see people making an effort to design a logo only to be tripped up by the asinine world of image file formats and hosting.

Thanks once again for organising a great contest...

And guys, go easy on the champagne. For one thing, Baron's paying. But more to the point, I've already had a few glasses and I'm now convinced there are four brothers in the room.

Many congrats Danny!

I still think your Toronto logo was the absolute gem of this year's competitions, so pleased to see you on the top ofthe podium! So are they....

Celebrations-after-Rio-wo-008.jpg

Thanks for the mention Rols; I'm happy to help out with some of the more technical stuff. It's a shame to see people making an effort to design a logo only to be tripped up by the asinine world of image file formats and hosting.

Thanks once again for organising a great contest...

And guys, go easy on the champagne. For one thing, Baron's paying. But more to the point, I've already had a few glasses and I'm now convinced there are four brothers in the room.

Thank you Rob, I think the best thing about these comps was to have your support in the final rounds. I'm really honoured about the kind words during the comp. Thank you very much, buddy!

Congrats on your IPPON victory,Danny ;) ! IPPON is the best and true way ^_^ . I enjoyed the video so much :D .

And thanks Sir.Rols for your hard works,you've been working on this for about 2 weeks,you are the great host of this event.

Congrats on your IPPON victory,Danny ;) ! IPPON is the best and true way ^_^ . I enjoyed the video so much :D .

And thanks Sir.Rols for your hard works,you've been working on this for about 2 weeks,you are the great host of this event.

Thank you Palette! Glad you liked the video. It's maybe the first one ever made specially for GamesBids. =P

Thanks Sir Rols for another year of great competitions! Congrats to Danny! Well deserved!

Krow, thank you for that analysis of me on the other thread. LOLOL!

Thank you to all of the people who voted for me in the beginning!!!

congrats to everyone..i think it is a right time for me to pull of from gb contest..have fun!

but im still gonna stick with my point,that im not aismanggo

That really sucks cause you are an amazing designer but I understand your point. It is a real shame that a few idiots have to make you hide your talent. Don't let the assholes get to you afiq.

congrats to everyone..i think it is a right time for me to pull of from gb contest..have fun!

but im still gonna stick with my point,that im not aismanggo

There is no real advantage on being brothers as pointed by Rols. Just ignore what is not important to you and keep participating!

Congratulation danny!

Thank you! =]

And, guys, don't miss the report from a big international news tv network about our comp :D:rolleyes:

Archived