Bangkok 2028 - Finalists Round 2

Bangkok 2028 Elimination Round 2  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Should Win the Bangkok 2028 GamesBids Logo Contest?

this is not so far out of the realm of probability, people. why do we have to go through this every year?

the talented twins make slick logos and like to sass with their broken english. good for them, i say, because they've got the goods.

Because people like Scotguy get jealous because they lose. Most people can take it, turns out he can't.

I say leave it alone. People need to keep their opinions to themselves and stop posting them and bringing down other people (Toronto, Scotguy, Afiq)

If you aren't a fan of another design, shutup and don't vote for it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Til then stop throwing petty accusations and shutup.

Who the f.u.c.k do you think you are talking to. Your lucky you can hide behind your computer otherwise i would kick your c.u.n.t into the middle of next week.

I say leave it alone. People need to keep their opinions to themselves and stop posting them and bringing down other people (Toronto, Scotguy, Afiq)

If you aren't a fan of another design, shutup and don't vote for it.

are you one of those people who doesn't like movie reviews because sometimes they say mean things? there is a place in this world for artistic criticism and critique and a place in this world for voicing those opinions (the internet). you're allowed to say a logo is bad if, in fact, you think a logo is bad.

are you one of those people who doesn't like movie reviews because sometimes they say mean things? there is a place in this world for artistic criticism and critique and a place in this world for voicing those opinions (the internet). you're allowed to say a logo is bad if, in fact, you think a logo is bad.

Yeah it grinds my gears. That mean bitch in 101 dalmatians was just so mean, it made me so sad.

Okay, on the Malaysian brothers.

1. Even if a single IP address was established (which no-one but the Gen Mod can anyway), it proves nothing if they're brothers anyway.

2. Afiq and aismanggo are already the only members on the board who have restrictions on how they can vote in the logo comps. I've never liked having a special rule for them (hence I've used "relatives" in the rules this time) but I realised I had to respond to concerns. Their votes are closely scrutinised and they don't gain any voting advantages out of their relationship.

3. They have shown goodwill in their votes, particularly this year. They have voted for competing designs and Afiq even this year cost his brother an earlier, easy win in the Toronto comp by voting for another rival.

4. Even if they were a single person, with the restrictions and scrutiny they are under the only extra ability they would have is to enter more than one logo. And I really only did that rule so we wouldn't be swamped with lots of different logos from just a few people. Even if it was the same person, I don't see it advantages them/him to have more than one logo entered - if anything, it possibly splits the support they could enjoy, and possibly alienates some voters.

In short, I think they already compete under more restrictions than others, and any advantage they could gain is minimal and debatable - and probably outweighed anyway by the handicaps the suspicions and conspiracy theories bring them.

okay, fair enough but

1) afiq probably guessed that admitting they were brothers would cause a lot of problems (it did).

2) if they are brothers they could share a computer, which would make the slip up plausable

3) i'm too lazy to look but there was a thread where they posted separate facebook profiles of two brothers from malaysia

okay can i just ask, why is every one of intoronto's posts instantly "popular" and who is in this intoronto fan club anyway?

He is never on at the same time. It has been stated before that he lives in different places if not countries. One is a premium member, the other isn't - why pay double membership. His logo designs are almost identical - He logs on with one account, then 30 mins later with the other and vise versa. He is taking most people here for fools. Saying the other person is a friend and then later saying no its my brother is far worse than just saying that his brother is on the site too.

Wouldn't need restrictions on voting if he was just honest and decent in the first place. The MOD could sort this out years ago, but like his leadership here, is distant, uninterested and incompetent.

I am not going to say anymore on the subject but i hope that Danny wins this thing for the integrity and decency that the majority of us abide by.

okay can i just ask, why is every one of intoronto's posts instantly "popular" and who is in this intoronto fan club anyway?

Yeah, really. Especially in the last couple of days. You probably either have to belong on the Toronto Olympic bandwagon &/or have other accounts where you just check yourself off.

And it's so ironic, too, when stones are cast from a glass house. Darcy can be a bit much at times, but overall he's coherent & unbias in many of his posts. Which is more than I can say for some on here.

Oh man this place is too much fun these days. More fights, more girls, more comedy, and everyone here resembles a Simpsons character lately.

Yeah, you just thrive on this sort of stuff, don't you. :-P

So now not only are we discussing fake accounts to win a fake competition but also fake accounts to make a post popular? Loooove it.

(But I think intoronto really just does have a following. I didn't see any unusual names before I made my earlier post and it was already popular. But who would have it in for OFD? Such intrigue.)

Yeah, you just thrive on this sort of stuff, don't you. :-P

Well, I don't like seeing anyone's feelings being hurt (I'm a big softie that way) but I am enjoying the entertainment. :D

this is just what happens when rols runs a contest by creating "rules" and "structure": absolute anarchy, as we learn from reese witherspoon in election, 1999.

when puppy does inappropriate host, everyone has a good time and plays by all the rules. because there are none. because rules are pointless, which in itself is a rule, as stephen dorf and reese witherspoon learn at the end of S.F.W., 1994.

and if you make up your own rules and play by those instead, you might get pushed out of a top floor window by reese witherspoon's dad like mark wahlberg in fear, 1996.

just some food for thought, guys.

So now not only are we discussing fake accounts to win a fake competition but also fake accounts to make a post popular? Loooove it.

(But I think intoronto really just does have a following. I didn't see any unusual names before I made my earlier post and it was already popular. But who would have it in for OFD? Such intrigue.)

I don't see why, though. It's not like they're a better poster than Darcy, or anyone else they feel like insulting if they get into a disagreement with them. Unless like I said, it's the Toronto Olympic bandwagon club.

On the contrary, there are other far more constructive, insightful posters on here that don't have such a "following". It seems strange, really. It's like those people you've come across & wondered at times about how they got so far ahead with a bad, know-it-all attitude most of the time. Especially when they're new at something & still have much to learn. But then again, those are mainly the ones that brown nose the most.

He is never on at the same time. It has been stated before that he lives in different places if not countries. One is a premium member, the other isn't - why pay double membership. His logo designs are almost identical - He logs on with one account, then 30 mins later with the other and vise versa. He is taking most people here for fools. Saying the other person is a friend and then later saying no its my brother is far worse than just saying that his brother is on the site too.

Wouldn't need restrictions on voting if he was just honest and decent in the first place. The MOD could sort this out years ago, but like his leadership here, is distant, uninterested and incompetent.

really? huh.... <_<

Who the f.u.c.k do you think you are talking to. Your lucky you can hide behind your computer otherwise i would kick your c.u.n.t into the middle of next week.

Aggression is really ugly. Control yourself - it isn't that hard, this is just a message board.

This is interesting - by that 'error' in that 2011 thread it seems like it could be the same person. Hmmm.

this is just what happens when rols runs a contest by creating "rules" and "structure": absolute anarchy, as we learn from reese witherspoon in election, 1999.

when puppy does inappropriate host, everyone has a good time and plays by all the rules. because there are none. because rules are pointless, which in itself is a rule, as stephen dorf and reese witherspoon learn at the end of S.F.W., 1994.

and if you make up your own rules and play by those instead, you might get pushed out of a top floor window by reese witherspoon's dad like mark wahlberg in fear, 1996.

just some food for thought, guys.

tracy-freeze-frame.jpg

I don't see why, though. It's not like they're a better poster than Darcy, or anyone else they feel like insulting if they get into a disagreement with them. Unless like I said, it's the Toronto Olympic bandwagon club.

Aw stop it you guys i'm blushing ^_^:D But thank you guys! I was a bit harsh. Also when Scotguy says MOD does he mean Rols moderating the competition or the GB mod?

You are like Tony. Annoying brat lol.

This is a free board where people can post their opinions on topics.

Like I said, keep bad opinions to yourself or don't comment. Don't bring me into their argument please.

Everyone calm down please. I will get bad comments given to me for this, but this is supposed to be fun. If you win, it is not like you will be the King of the World. Rols made it to be fun. Play nice.

Like I said, keep bad opinions to yourself or don't comment. Don't bring me into their argument please.

Everyone calm down please. I will get bad comments given to me for this, but this is supposed to be fun. If you win, it is not like you will be the King of the World. Rols made it to be fun. Play nice.

You may not be the king of the world, but there is a sash and a tiara : )

Archived