Bangkok 2028 - Finalists Round 2

Bangkok 2028 Elimination Round 2  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Should Win the Bangkok 2028 GamesBids Logo Contest?

9dxg.jpg

Sawasdee!

After checking and tallying of votes, I discounted the votes from rpryor03 and luan (don’t these guys learn they’re not being counted – tip guys: try posting a bit this year on non-logo related stuff and maybe you’ll be accepted next year).

The results from round one were:

Rob. A: 4

Scotguy B: 6

aismanggo C: 7

DannyelBrazil D: 11

Afiqnadzir E: 8

Scotguy and Rob. leave the comp at this stage. I had both tagged early on as probable finalists and indeed thought they might stay in contention to the bitter end. Alas, the tribe has spoken and we have to say, what I hope, is an au revoir till next year. Thanks to both of you, you’ve been great sports.

Which brings me to the trash talking of the previous round. I was disappointed to see finalists (and real contenders for the crown) start attacking each other and their logos. While a bit of gamesmanship can be spicy, and I understand the competitiveness between you may be boiling over, I will issue an official warning not to take it further. Next time I will show a Yellow Card to any remaining finalists who launch personal attacks on their fellow competitors or their logos or who choose to respond and prolong brawls. If you have a problem or complaint, flick it to me, don't fight in front of the audience. I don’t know what a yellow card will be exactly, but possibly an automatic docking of a certain amount of votes from you if you make it to the next round. I suspect, also, that such brawling may not sit well with some of the people you’re trying to get on-side – the voters. So it could be very costly.

No-one got an absolute majority, so we go into a second round vote with the three logos above.

The rules for this stage are:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Saturday January 11, Sydney time (8pm Jan 10 GMT).
  • Voting will be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and subsequent rounds round the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo (though two votes for the same logo by relatives will count as one).
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 31 2013 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds, unless a tie-breaker vote is needed in a tied elimination round or the final round.

Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT. If any contenders have any complaints or disputes, PM me and I'll rule on them.

Kob kun krab, bonne chance, good luck and behave yourselves – you’re spooking the elephants.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An Englishman and a Scotsman walk into a pub.

The barman says, "why the long faces?"...

Thought you were unlucky to go out Scotguy. Your logo was understated but very nicely done I thought.

:ph34r:

OK....to the final three then. There's no stand out this time, though they're all decent enough......hard, hard choice.....

The most outstanding feature of any of the logos is the typeface on Logo A. I think it's so well done.

Therefore, Logo A gets my vote purely for that reason.

Choosing the right typeface is important!

MegaFlicks.jpg

Thought you were unlucky to go out Scotguy. Your logo was understated but very nicely done I thought.

:ph34r:

OK....to the final three then. There's no stand out this time, though they're all decent enough......hard, hard choice.....

The most outstanding feature of any of the logos is the typeface on Logo A. I think it's so well done.

I

Therefore, Logo A gets my vote purely for that reason.

Choosing the right typeface is important!

MegaFlicks.jpg

Thank you Rob once more

A is the best. B is okay.I like the logo without the gate but lanterns of northern Thailand were good and fresh idea.C is wonderful but he's the winner of Toronto '26.Good luck and wish your victory,Danny ;) .

A is the best. B is okay.I like the logo without the gate but lanterns of northern Thailand were good and fresh idea.C is wonderful but he's the winner of Toronto '26.Good luck and wish your victory,Danny ;) .

Thank you Palette. Btw, are you the one who wears the frog mascot costume?

My favourite is probably A because I don't think either of the other two are the right proportions for an Olympic Logo, especially not C. Even if I could vote I'm not sure if I would because A's colours don't look quite right. IMO this final is not as strong as Toronto's.

Thanks mate. I liked yours too, but guess we are no match for the A Brother, oops i mean brother(S) :rolleyes:

If I am being honest, A looks like a logo Disney would design, with that font. Not that it's a bad thing, but it doesn't scream "OLYMPICS LOGO" to me.

Actually, I liked it! It's a nice thing to me to be compared to Disney style of logos, since I grew up with all Disney stuff around me. Thank you for the words.

I'm just going to say all designs are great. I don't feel the need to demean the other logo's. "cough"

Thanks mate. I liked yours too, but guess we are no match for the A Brother, oops i mean brother(S) :rolleyes:

Aw, sounds like someone is a little bitter. How sad for you. Instead of throwing petty accusations perhaps do a IP address check or something?

God, people really turn into assholes in these competitions.

Voted for B, even though it looks like it's done after this round.

If I am being honest, A looks like a logo Disney would design, with that font. Not that it's a bad thing, but it doesn't scream "OLYMPICS LOGO" to me.

Thats my main issue with Logo A. There is something about it that just smacks of Orientalism. (which is it projects the western notion of the 'far East' - something Disney was notorious for romanticising)

This is why I appreciate Logo B - its dynamic and modern, like Bangkok itself - a fast paced, modern SE Asian city.

I'm just going to say all designs are great. I don't feel the need to demean the other logo's. "cough"

Aw, sounds like someone is a little bitter. How sad for you. Instead of throwing petty accusations perhaps do a IP address check or something?

If i knew how to do an IP address check, i would

if they're brothers they may have THE SAME IP, because sometimes brothers live in the same house and sometimes they even share the same wireless network.

i mean, what is so hard to believe about some kid who's good with photoshop finding this forum and contest and then telling his twin brother (who, having grown up in the same house with the same access to the same computers as his twin brother, is also good with photoshop) 'hey look what i made,' and then that brother trying to come up with something better?

this is not so far out of the realm of probability, people. why do we have to go through this every year?

the talented twins make slick logos and like to sass with their broken english. good for them, i say, because they've got the goods.

Archived